Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Haven't been here in forever!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 AM
A.B.U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haven't been here in forever!

I swear it's been a long time! I haven't ran my LST in who knows how long either. Easily over a year and a half. I finally got to run it today though. Only for about 40 minutes though. Ran outta juice! but, also had some carnage! haha. LRP is a monster though. forgot that. took 2 tires off the rim. Flipped over itself a few times on demand. Forgot how fun this truck was.

Here's my truck..

aaaaaaand... my clutch bell! the spurs are TiNi.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Muskokarc

Default RE: Haven't been here in forever!

Like your carbon chaise  plates bet that lightens it up alot.  Nice shine on your pinion gears can almost see yourself in them....lol
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
A.B.U

Thanks! The chassis is alright. I think my truck weighs in around the high 11s, low 12s. And yeah, about those pinions gears...[:-] Looks like I gotta go get some more so I can tear up more grass!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's the tinis that did it!! Just run plastic - I've never shredded plastic spur gears on my LST2's..(maybe once, not sure, been over five years..)

Nice truck..
Old 04-21-2012, 09:38 AM
TAKZILLA

do you remember where you got the carbon fiber chassis plates? sure like a set for mine.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 PM
A.B.U

Thanks Herr, I've been through a set of plastic spurs before, but my CB nut came off somehow and shredded em up. soo, I had to go TiNi! :P

TAK I don't really recall the seller, but I got the chassis, and the two upper decks for IIRC about $130 shipped on eBay around geez, probably 5+ years ago.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the TiNi clutchbell gears on my .28 LST2, but I keep the plastic spurs. I've never needed to replace a spur gear on any of my LST2's thus far in the 5 years I've had them. I tried a steel spur gear on my Nitro Rustler some years back, and it ate the non-hardened clutchbell for dinner after 5 tanks of fuel with the gear mesh set perfect.

I think the trick is having a TiNi or hardened clutchbell and TiNi spurs and perfect mesh to keep them to stay alive any length of time.

Either way, its a sharp looking LST2. I think the LST platform is the best out there.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 AM
A.B.U

Thanks 10wk, yeah, it SEEMED like my gear mesh was just right, guess not though. I dunno. I'll just get a FEW more pinions next time I hit up my LHS.

When I bought the LST, I too thought it was THE mt own...huge shocks, it was massive, large engine and the XS3 to boot. I still think it's the best truck out there, though.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think so too.. I still am amazed sometimes running mine, after years with it, how balanced it is.. The engine(i.e. center of balance) is more centrally located than on the most modern racing buggies..