Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Not restarting after running

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Muskokarc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not restarting after running

Ok got my LST up and running. Have figured out the tuning of the MACH 26 for the most part. It runs great and starts up easly when I first start my run. Just loving the whole thing.

Ok the but is my question. After running for a while and I manage to stall it out fliping it over and not getting to it in time as and example. My problem is getting it to start again. It sounds like its trying to fire up but not quite catches. If Ilet it cool right down and then try again it fires up. Or if I had not been running it long and manage to stall it out it will fire up right away. I use a onboard ignighter that gives a auditable sound letting me know if the plug is good or not. So other than one time the plug is in good shape just put a new medium plug in it.

Any ideas that you can thing of me checking?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Not restarting after running

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc

Ok got my LST up and running. Have figured out the tuning of the MACH 26 for the most part. It runs great and starts up easly when I first start my run. Just loving the whole thing.

Ok the but is my question. After running for a while and I manage to stall it out fliping it over and not getting to it in time as and example. My problem is getting it to start again. It sounds like its trying to fire up but not quite catches. If I let it cool right down and then try again it fires up. Or if I had not been running it long and manage to stall it out it will fire up right away. I use a onboard ignighter that gives a auditable sound letting me know if the plug is good or not. So other than one time the plug is in good shape just put a new medium plug in it.

Any ideas that you can thing of me checking?
First thing that comes to mind is if the truck is upside down long enough for the engine to stall, you will have to reprime the carb to get fuel back to it. If it won't restart with fuel in the carb and engine warm, your piston and liner might be getting worn out.

It would be worth going over the fuel system, and it might help if you make the feed line to the carb a bit longer to buy you time when it lands upside down.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Muskokarc

Ok will check the piston and liner over can they be replaced or would it be better just to save up and get a new motor?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc

Ok will check the piston and liner over can they be replaced or would it be better just to save up and get a new motor?
The easy way to see if the piston and liner fit is suffering wear is pop the head off and heat the block with a hair dryer until its hot. Turn the engine over (counter clockwise from the front of the engine) and listen for a good pop from the transfer ports as the piston goes down. If you can feel air come out of the cylinder when you hear the pop, the bottom of the cylinder isnt bellmouthed yet.

BUT if the engine runs fine and restarts well any other time hot or cold, chances are the fuel lines need attention.

I'm not sure if the piston and liner sets are still available or if a set for a Mach 427 will fit. If you pull the liner out, measure the OD of the liner and I can see if my spare 427 liner would fit. Also check the number of ports; the 427 is a 6 port and the M26SS is a 3 port.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Muskokarc

Ok will check that out.  I just did a tear down and clean up last month. the lines are clear of any obstructions.  I also put in a new in-line filter the old one that came with it did nothing it did not have any filtering material in it so I had not been using it the got another filter off a friend.