Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LST2 Conversion Question

I would like some input on engine selection for my LST2. I am converting it over to electric. I don't know to much about electric and wanted to know what would be the best 1/8 scale electric engine combo for my LST2 that will drop right in with electric conversion kit for LST. I heard the electric version is a lot powerful and faster than nitro version. Looking forward to this if true! I also own a LST XXL and other nitro trucks. This will be my first electric and I want it to be a beast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: LST2 Conversion Question

I have a Losi Aftershock conversion I did a couple years ago. I have a Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv (esc/motor combo) in mine. The speed and power you get with a 6s lipo pack is insane. I brought mine out to a giant soccer field and couldn't even get it up to full speed because I feared it going out of range. It's fun, but it's straight line running. I put a 4s in it to tame it down a bit and it's a lot more drivable.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: csp1971

I have a Losi Aftershock conversion I did a couple years ago. I have a Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv (esc/motor combo) in mine. The speed and power you get with a 6s lipo pack is insane. I brought mine out to a giant soccer field and couldn't even get it up to full speed because I feared it going out of range. It's fun, but it's straight line running. I put a 4s in it to tame it down a bit and it's a lot more drivable.

Same set up here... losi lst2, castle mamba monster 2200kv on 6s... crazy fast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So, with the same setup, what size of battery should I get? 4s or 6s? thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would recommend going with a 4s Lipo when using the Castle 2200kv combo. You'll be over 40mph top speed and get there quick and you shouldn't have to worry about temps either. If you go with 5s or 6s you would have to change the gearing to keep the temps down, basically keeping the same top speed. But the Losi Conversion kit is somewhat limited in its gearing range making that difficult. It could be done by using a larger spur, but using a smaller pinion is not possible because the motor mount will hit the transmission. If you decided to use say a 1600kv like a 4082 Leopard then I'd say go 5s or 6s because the gearing will match the lower Kv, and being a longer motor it should be able to pull a l;ittle more gear (higher top speed) without heating up.
    Punch Control? I don't need no stinking Punch Control!