Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

GOING TO BE DOING THE THE DIFFS ON MY LST

Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM
duty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default GOING TO BE DOING THE THE DIFFS ON MY LST

for the first time and upgrade them i use it for on and off road mostly high speed what oil and grease do i use and tips and pics id appreicate it and where to but ? any links would be appreciated as well .........thanx
Old 03-09-2013, 05:06 AM
duty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: GOING TO BE DOING THE THE DIFFS ON MY LST

bump
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: duty

bump
Have some patience, grasshoppa!

LST or LST2, doesnt matter much... Follow this procedure and you will have some near-bulletproof diffs. I've done this myself and have had no more problems since. If you want to have less "one-wheel-wonders" then you want thicker oil in the diffs. 40,000-50,000wt for example. This will hurt your steering ability though. Thinner oils like 10,000-30,000wt are better 'all-around' oil weights for a monster truck. You can go down to 5,000-10,000wt also, but you will likely not get power to all 4 tires in high-traction situations.

I think I used 20,000wt in the front and 30,000wt in the rear, with some silicone brake grease for fullsize automobile brake systems on the ring and pinion gears. I run mostly off-road with a few wheelie runs on pavement. If you don't have bearings yet, Check out AvidRC.com. Most of the bearings they sell are $1 each, and you have your choice of color of the rubber seals.

http://losiforums.net/showthread.php?t=113
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
duty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Quote:
ORIGINAL: duty

bump
Have some patience, grasshoppa!

LST or LST2, doesnt matter much... Follow this procedure and you will have some near-bulletproof diffs. I've done this myself and have had no more problems since. If you want to have less "one-wheel-wonders" then you want thicker oil in the diffs. 40,000-50,000wt for example. This will hurt your steering ability though. Thinner oils like 10,000-30,000wt are better 'all-around' oil weights for a monster truck. You can go down to 5,000-10,000wt also, but you will likely not get power to all 4 tires in high-traction situations.

I think I used 20,000wt in the front and 30,000wt in the rear, with some silicone brake grease for fullsize automobile brake systems on the ring and pinion gears. I run mostly off-road with a few wheelie runs on pavement. If you don't have bearings yet, Check out AvidRC.com. Most of the bearings they sell are $1 each, and you have your choice of color of the rubber seals.

http://losiforums.net/showthread.php?t=113
THANX GRASSHOPPA LOL

Search this Thread