Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Sway bars or not?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM
fennacf07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bars or not?

Just picked up a LST2 after ~10yrs of not being in the hobby. The truck came with RPM adjustable arms and upgraded yellow springs but the sway bars were not installed. Is there a reason for not installing the sway bars?
Thanks, Andrew

Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Sway bars or not?

ORIGINAL: fennacf07

Just picked up a LST2 after ~10yrs of not being in the hobby. The truck came with RPM adjustable arms and upgraded yellow springs but the sway bars were not installed. Is there a reason for not installing the sway bars?
Thanks, Andrew
The sway bars are nice for wheelies and jumps, but offroad they can make the suspension not flex enough and flip over. I have 2 LST2's, one has swaybars; the faster of the two.

They are not real necessary, but do aid in control some.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
fennacf07

What weight oil do you recommend? Ijust broke a shock shaft so will be installing the swaybars and rebuilding shocks this weekend.

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: fennacf07

Thanks, Andrew
The sway bars are nice for wheelies and jumps, but offroad they can make the suspension not flex enough and flip over. I have 2 LST2's, one has swaybars; the faster of the two.

They are not real necessary, but do aid in control some.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I think I used 30wt when I did the shocks last. Any thinner and the suspension seemed 'soggy'.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Airbus 9e

30-40wt works good.....just use a good silicone fluid....