Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

? about XO-1 mamba monster in LST

Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 AM
alexhunter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ? about XO-1 mamba monster in LST

Has anyone done this? Do I need to reset the ESC somehow because it was set up in the XO-1? When I try to set up the ESC according to castle instructions it doesn't work.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There's no reason why it can't be done. The big thing is the esc firmware is Traxxas specific and has some differences to normal MMM's. The big thing and the biggest pain is to get full power and speed the esc must be unlocked using the Traxxas radio and an Apple idevice. Its a safety/legal thing, where you have to agree to a message on the idevice because of the XO1's 100mph capabilities. There's no way around this, Castle won't help you either since their under contract with Traxxas who basically controls the firmware of this esc. After unlocking it can be setup like any other Mamba and use the Castle Link. I have heard of people having issues getting the esc to work with other radios even after unlocking though.

The Mamba Extreme (XO-1) isn't much better than the standard MMM or MMM2. The Extreme did have the latest FET's when it came out, but the last of the standard MMM's and MMM2's were updated to them as well. The added and integrated capacitors of the Extreme are the same ones in the Castle Cap Pack. Easy way to make your own Mamba Extreme without dealing with the stuff Traxxas forces on you.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 09-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Search this Thread