Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Original lst wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
badassbanshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original lst wheel question

I just picked up an original LST thru a trade. It seems to be in perfect condition. I want to run it in the sand. So looking at options for paddle tires. It appears that it has 14mm hex nuts. I want to change it to 17mm. Is there a kit for this? Everything I find is for the LST2.

Also, the only tire/wheel combo i found and like was from proline. What would anyone recommend? Is there something in the 14mm hex size?
BTW, I know nothing about this truck. I haven't had a new RC for 25 years, so feeling a little lost here. I don't want to dump a lot of money into this thing, just want to have a little fun in the dunes while taking a break from ridding quads.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might be surprised how well it does with the stock tires. The tread isn't much of a paddle but they are big and wide enough that they should provide pretty good floatation.

The Traxxas 17mm hexes used for the Revo and Maxx trucks should fit, I've seen them on other LST1/Aftershock trucks. You'll need a few shims behind the hexes though as the drive pin is further out from the knuckle on the LST1. I'm not sure about Proline's current offerings of paddle tires but they used to be made for 3.2" wheels, now possibly 3.8" as well. Just double check the wheel diameter they'll fit and get that size wheel from any manufacturer you like. Panther also makes a paddle tire for 3.2" wheels, or did I'm not sure if they're still being produced or not.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:58 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

+1 to what Maj said. There are two other ways to get 17mm hexes on the LST/AFT trucks. One is to convert it to LST2 suspension/axles. The kit costs about $120 but IMHO is well worth it just for the strength of the parts alone. Otherwise, some 40 series (same as Losi's 420 series) wheels from Losi come with 17mm plastic hex adapters due to the 40 series wheels being the 17mm size only. The 40 series tires are close to the same diameter as the stock AFT/LST tires but the sidewalks are shorter due to the bigger wheels.

I put these wheels on an LST2 converted Aftershock and each pair of wheels came with the adapters mentioned in the description. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Y2IR5Y

If you just want the adapters, you can get PN# LOSB3518. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ersal-LOSB3518

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 06-12-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Added info.