Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

B.A.C. Steering Link

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 PM
RCtruckRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B.A.C. Steering Link

I just wanted to post a little review of AKfiremedic's steering link upgrade. I did a search and didn't find anything here, and that is why I wanted to post this.

First, the looks of the unit are better than the pictures I have seen on LSTC, but it's not some chrome, flashy, bling deal. Personally, I like that!

Next, the installation instructions are rediculously detailed! I know most of us wouldn't need directions in the first place, but if you do, they kick butt.

Then, the quality of the unit is superb. Quite a bang up job! I can't imagine breaking this piece!

Also, as the instructions indicate, you will get a bit tighter turning radius out of the truck with this link installed (tow will need to be re-adjusted).

Finally, if you have been on the cusp of getting this or not, all I can say is do it! It's inexpensive, does what it says, and is tougher than nails!

Wonderful job on this AKFM! Kudo's! I give this a 10 out of 10! If only all upgrade parts for the LST were like this!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:48 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: B.A.C. Steering Link

I concur with lstRacerX.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:46 PM
nebula8080

sounds awesome. How do I get one? After bending my $$ dynamite linkage this weekend and snapping at least 3 stock linkages.. I'm ready for something that works!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:48 PM
RCtruckRacer

Just send AKfiremedic a pm and he will get back to you.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Got one installed but haven't tried it yet. . I like the 3/16th,s over, makes it steer so much better . I got a dyn/bluegrass 3/16th's over
set up on my basher, and have been running piano wire on this one and Firemedic's link look's so much stronger. I think I'll be very happy.

MP missed the bus.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Well, I guess since the cat is out of the bag I can let everyone here know what the Bad-Ass Creations steering link is and how to get one if you are interested. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can. The B.A.C. steering link replaces your stock wire steering link between the two steering bellcranks. It is made of 3/32 wire as compared to the stock 1/16 wire for added durability. It also has an additional piece of 3/32 wire welded over about 90% of it's length for incredible rigidity and strength! I back all of my links with a 100% guarantee. If you break it, or bend it, I'll replace it no questions asked! (for the record, I only know of 2 links that have broken, one was a material defect and the other was broken along with most of the front of the truck and the chassis rails!) The new B.A.C. link is also 3/16" longer than the stock steering link which changes the akerman angle in the steering system allowing a MUCH tighter turning radius and quicker steering truck. Those of you that race will really appreciate this since the LST is not known for its cat-like nimbleness in stock form. Links come in any color you want as long as it's flat black and they sell for $10 shipped anywhere in the US and $12 shipped to most places outside the US. Each link also comes with detailed instructions and the only tool that you need for installation that isn't already in your pit box is a drill and 3/32 drill bit. Here is a link to some more info and reviews on the LST central website. [link=http://www.lstcentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]http://www.lstcentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/link]

Old 04-12-2016, 06:34 PM
LST E Basher

I need help!!! I keep breaking the stock links and recently was disappointed with the worthless dynamite set up that bent 1st run how can I get the bad ass creations link??? Medic have you ever thought of posting these on eBay??
Old 04-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They used to be available on OverdriveRC.com but they went out of stock a few years ago and now aren't listed at all. I'd love to get one too and with the new XXL2e selling well it might be worth it for him to start making them again. Check out the LST threads on RCTech, I figure you could sell 20 easy to the regulars of those threads alone.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I actually broke my very first steering link after having LST trucks for over 5 years. I am gonna make my own out of piano wire 3/32". I'm not sure it needs another length of wire welded to it or not, but brazing is easy enough to do.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:48 PM
LST E Basher

Found a way too make my own!!!! Simply put the I run sway bars front and rear but only the lighter of the two in the Losi kit. The heavier sway bars are significantly larger than the stock BAC link. And slightly longer from bend to bend. Soooo. I bent it at a 45 on each end and cut it down. Presto. Works perfect. Been basher it hard lately with no issues.