Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

xxl2e slipper nut

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:10 PM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question xxl2e slipper nut

Hi all. I haven't posted here in a while. I wanted to buy the Xmaxx but my lhs talked me into the 2e. Can anyone re-motivate me on why the 2e might be a better truck? I'm having serious buyer's remorse.

On another note, I'm having a terrible time keeping the slipper nut tight. It just backs out too quickly. I tried adding a small nut on the end and I even lock-tited it but it's not working. Anyone know a fix?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	565.3 KB
ID:	2139601   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	2139602  
Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by stevens4x
Hi all. I haven't posted here in a while. I wanted to buy the Xmaxx but my lhs talked me into the 2e. Can anyone re-motivate me on why the 2e might be a better truck? I'm having serious buyer's remorse.

On another note, I'm having a terrible time keeping the slipper nut tight. It just backs out too quickly. I tried adding a small nut on the end and I even lock-tited it but it's not working. Anyone know a fix?

Thank you.
Just like all RTR's ,they are mass produced an are basicly assembled just as fast ,you almost have to break them down an add loc-tite to
some of the screws & nuts an make sure their tight.
Maybe apply some loc-tite on the threads.

But however,I did notice your gears,spur & pinion are not meshed right,theres too much space in between the gears,so
you better attend to that before you strip the gears!
Old 01-03-2016, 06:52 PM
grabbem88

I second the gear mesh. surprised the truck moves at all.

When you last loctite the did you immediately hammer on truck blue picture needs a little cure time before it sets

I always coat it good and let it set over night before reassembly especially when it comes to high moving parts chassis not so much.

This is not the first time I heard people having slipper nut backing issues...
Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 PM
stevens4x

Originally Posted by cbaker65
Just like all RTR's ,they are mass produced an are basicly assembled just as fast ,you almost have to break them down an add loc-tite to
some of the screws & nuts an make sure their tight.
Maybe apply some loc-tite on the threads.

But however,I did notice your gears,spur & pinion are not meshed right,theres too much space in between the gears,so
you better attend to that before you strip the gears!
Thanks guys. I didn't know what it should look like so I took it to the lhs today. I had totally burned up one of the pads and two of the disks are welded together. Luckily they had plenty of rebuild kits in stock and after they fixed it I bought two extra kits.

Had 2 good suggestions today.

The pads will wear quickly if it's slipping at all because of the insane torque. Someone suggested I tighten it all the way after each run. Kind of a catch 22 cause of the trade-off on damaging what the slipper is protecting.

Also we can try applying a little ca in front of the nut to keep it from backing.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:22 PM
stevens4x

Oh yeah. Fixing this cleaned up the gap in the gears ya'll noticed.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:07 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

LOL I did the exact same. Except I bought the LST without any persuasion, I did it on my own. The X-maxx seems to have a lot of issues for a being a first run. The ESC is complete garbage and I am not spending $1200 CDN on a truck that I have to but another ESC for. I will probably own one thought once they get everything figured out.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:25 PM
billyg900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run my slipper full tight on my converted lst2

I agree with letting the xmaxx get worked out Plus give time for the aftermarket to come up with some stuff.. in a year or so you can pick a used one up at a good price