Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Glitching problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 08:37 PM
c666187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Glitching problem!!

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I cannot find a solution to my problem at this time. On my LST I have only ran 5 tanks through so far, but I am having a irritating glitching problem. I am using a 5 cell hemp pack that i normally use for my MBX-5, and my radin batteries are fine. THe glitching only seems to happen with the motor running, so I tried moving the fuel filter and it still does it. It has to be from vibration, but I am unsure of where else to look, I do not see anything that stands out. Has any onle else had this problem? Or do you have any suggestions to solve it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. -c666187
Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 PM
creyc

Default RE: LST Glitching problem!!

Your hump pack could be low or you could have a loose screw on your chassis someplace. :\

Good luck hunting that down.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:50 PM
twisted

my buddy had the same problem.only glitched when the engine was running.he moved his fuel filter away from anything that it could vibrate across and he was also using the satanderd 4 cell pack.he changed that and hasnt had a problem since. i would check for anything metal to metal that may be loose.also check to see like mentioned above if one of your cells might be loose.
good luck.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:09 PM
ThermalRD

Man, i've had some nasty glitching lately. After seeing it on my LST, i was determined to find it. I've changed out expensive servos, RX's, and batteries hunting these glitches. I found out my super brain charger was false peaking the majority of the time. I tested my buddies duratrax pirhana digital charger, and it charged my battery a loooong time. No more glitching. I bought the same charger last friday. I just wish i had pinned it down sooner.

Matt
Old 07-29-2004, 01:39 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

I tested my buddies duratrax pirhana digital charger
i have that same charger.. works great! very simple to use!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Noreaga

I have a SuperBrain 969, an that too false peaks...how much did the duratrax charger run you?
Old 07-29-2004, 03:02 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

my hobby shop charged me $48.00
Old 07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
ThermalRD

49 dollars Noreaga. This charger is the SHIZNIT!!!!

ORIGINAL: Noreaga

I have a SuperBrain 969, an that too false peaks...how much did the duratrax charger run you?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Noreaga

I'm gonna still hold onto my 969, but if it keeps false peeking, i'm going to look into one of those...
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Dynamite Prophet Plus. It seems to work fine, but does anyone have experience with it false peaking?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
c666187

I fixed the glitching. I wedged a (spare) piece of fuel tube between the filter and the head. In addition, I placed a little foam (from ESC packaging) under the battery pack. No more glitching. Woo-hoo, this sucker is awesome. I currently have 6 tanks through and am almost through with break-in. I hope to get finished and have it tuned this weekend. I have been working so much (60+ hours a week), haven't had much time to work on my cars. I can't wait to race this sucker... Thanks for the suggestions.

I think that I am going to look into getting one of those dynamite chargers.. -c666187