Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 03:29 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Questions

Well i think im going to sell my Savage and get an LST, So i got a few questions for you guys.

1) Has anyone upgraded there pipe yet, What are some good pipe choices for the Mach .26?
2) What are all the weak points on the truck?
3) What type of battery pack does it take, and how many tanks do you get out of it?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:48 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: LST Questions

1) I havent tried any other pipes. The advantage of the LST is that the pipe is already setup for a one piece design. So your HIGH end pipe options are endless. No need to swap the header, just the pip.

2) Weak points? The bugs are being worked out. Id say at this point the only problems are some QC issues with the Mach .26, and the axles breaking. The QC issues are easy to fix by just going thru the motor before running it. Axles?? Well, they say they are working on them. In the mean time, just run it. They replace the broken axles anyway.

3) Stock setup is a 4AA holder under the tank. I never use them. There is a nice holder between the chassis plates for a 5 cell flat pack. Run times will vary depending on your battery. 1100-1400 size will sit in that holder without mods.

Matt
ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

Well i think im going to sell my Savage and get an LST, So i got a few questions for you guys.

1) Has anyone upgraded there pipe yet, What are some good pipe choices for the Mach .26?
2) What are all the weak points on the truck?
3) What type of battery pack does it take, and how many tanks do you get out of it?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:01 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Alright thanks man.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Stevied53

NEWBIE QUESTION:

I just got my new LST (my first monster truck) and the instructions came with a loose extra sheet that was obviously added to address some issues. It says in part:

"The set screws in the transmission and differential outdrives as well as those in the driveshafts should be checked regularly. If loose, you must use Red threadlock to insure proper holding and insure that the setscrews line up with the flats on the axle pin of the axle and the output shaft for the outdrive cup."
What parts are they talking about and what do I have do dissemble to get at them. I'm clueless! I've worked on various electric cars/trucks before and a SFGP nitro street car, but nothing of this complexity. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...

-Stevie D
Old 08-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Stevied53

NEWBIE QUESTION:

I just got my new LST (my first monster truck) and the in the box was a loose extra sheet of instructions with a big "Stop Sign" on it that was obviously added to address some problem issues. It says in part:

quote:

"The set screws in the transmission and differential outdrives as well as those in the driveshafts should be checked regularly. If loose, you must use Red threadlock to insure proper holding and insure that the setscrews line up with the flats on the axle pin of the axle and the output shaft for the outdrive cup."

What parts are they talking about and what do I have do dissemble to get at them. I'm clueless! I've worked on various electric cars/trucks before and a SFGP nitro street car, but nothing of this complexity. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...

-Stevie D
Can anyone please tell me what this paragraph on the extra "Stop Sign" instruction sheet wants me to do? Thanx...

-Stevie D
Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 PM
ThermalRD

They are referring to the drive cups that are attached to the tranny, and the differentials, and the CVD joints themselves. Basically, after running the truck a while you will want to check the grub screw and make sure its tight. If it appeared loose, i would remove it, re-loctite it, and put it back together. If you have any more questions about it, post em.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Stevied53

NEWBIE QUESTION:

I just got my new LST (my first monster truck) and the in the box was a loose extra sheet of instructions with a big "Stop Sign" on it that was obviously added to address some problem issues. It says in part:

quote:

-Stevie D
Can anyone please tell me what this paragraph on the extra "Stop Sign" instruction sheet wants me to do? Thanx...

-Stevie D
Old 08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Stevied53

They are referring to the drive cups that are attached to the tranny, and the differentials, and the CVD joints themselves. Basically, after running the truck a while you will want to check the grub screw and make sure its tight. If it appeared loose, i would remove it, re-loctite it, and put it back together. If you have any more questions about it, post em.

Matt
Matt thanks for the comback. I'm really new to this MT stuff. Where are the "grub screws" and what do you have to dissasemble to get at them. I've had the wheels off but didn't see any screws that were accessible.

-Stevie D
Old 08-02-2004, 03:08 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

did you buy your truck at a LHS? if so..maybe ask someone there to help you out..