Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Getting a LST

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 08:23 PM
tylerE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a LST

I have finally been able to talk my dad into loaning me half of the cost of a LST(yeeha). The thing i was wondering on this truck is there anything you guyz/galz recommend I do b4 i start the break in process. Ive heard of just a few things to do b4 u fire it up like move the fuel filter away from the engine head in order to prevent glitching, and to use locktite. Other than this is there anything i need to do b4 firing her up?

I also got a ?ion on which fuel i should run, I was thinking of Odonnel 30%. I notice this fuel doesnt have as high of a castor oil content than say Trinity 20% so I was wondering if it would be fine to break in the mach.26 with this fuel????

Oh and as for glowplugs would mccoy mc8's work???

Thanks for answering some of my ?ions....
Old 07-31-2004, 09:31 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Getting a LST

im running with 20% and i used a mc-8 after break-in then switched back to the mc-59! it just seemed to run better with the 20% and the mc-59, but thermal is using 30% and as far as i know he was running the mc-8 with great results!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:34 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading some member's posts here, I'd recommend taking apart the engine and cleaning it out to remove any possible metal shavings.

I personally put a few drops of after-run-oil in a new engine before starting it the first time so that the piston has some lubrication before the fuel gets in there.

I've read that people are having good experiences with the MC 8's, so give it a shot.

As far as fuel, use whatever you have readily available to you. If your LHS stocks Odonell 30%, then stick with it. You don't want to switch fuels after your engine has been broken-in.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:58 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

I personally put a few drops of after-run-oil in a new engine before starting it the first time so that the piston has some lubrication before the fuel gets in there.
yep!! i use wd-40.. or marvel mystery oil...also before i break-in a new engine i mark where the piston is on the bottom of its stroke on the side of the engine case and the flywheel! to make sure the piston cools at the BDC in between break-in tanks!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:59 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fantomas

yep!! i use wd-40.. or marvel mystery oil...also before i break-in a new engine i mark where the piston is on the bottom of its stroke on the side of the engine case and the flywheel! to make sure the piston cools at the BDC in between break-in tanks!

I do that too!
Old 07-31-2004, 11:03 PM
tylerE

I just want to say thanks for the help guyz[8D]. I appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:35 AM
ThermalRD

Welcome to the club!
Old 08-01-2004, 10:39 AM
tylerE

Thanks