Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
RB .28
18.75%
Novarossi .28
50.00%
peak .28
6.25%
orion .28
18.75%
sirrio .27xl
6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

New engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:30 PM
raykessler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine

ok so i want a new engine for my new LST, i definatly want a bigger engine, and im leaning twords the peak diablo .28/ team orion wasp .28 (i know their their the same engine but i don know it the blue or the black case looks better) because their less expensive, and iv heard some things about RB's ripping up drive trains

cast your votes
Old 08-10-2004, 12:31 PM
undertaker

Default RE: New engine

I'll be totally honest with you, I have two RB 28's, a novarossi TOP 28 that I've bounced between my other trucks (aluminum savage and aluminum MGT) I've destroyed no less than 15 pullstarts and rewound them on numerous occasions to get more runtime when the LHS was closed. As of now there is no other sort of starting device for those 28's I can't really comment on the wasp or diablo. For the LST I didn't even think of another 28, I went with a picco 26 outlaw and can't complain at all, except for the fact that its a nightmare running on 20%, so I'm forced to run 30%. I would recommend not using either of those 28's (for instance the RB uses the same pullstart on the 28 that they use on a 12 and they're backordered to italy which is on their unofficial summer vacation month of august) With stock gearing the picco totally wakes the LST up. A buddy was running a mach 26 in his mammoth, then switched to a picco and the difference was night and day, this was in the month before the LST came in, so I didn't even start the mach 26 I pulled it out and dropped teh 26 right in when I brought the truck home.

as for drivelines, the savage has been fine with a new transmission and the 4 spider gears in the differentials, the MGT blew one rear differential early on, but I put a good 2-3 gallons through the replacment I packed heavily with straight automotive grease. The cvd's did start going out one after another around the 3 gallon point, but the MIP replacments have held up fine. I do also run both of those trucks on 40 series big joes which are heavier and have lots of grip. I also drive my trucks VERY hard 75% of the time on asphalt.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:02 PM
raykessler

so has anyone used the sirio .27
Old 08-11-2004, 08:13 PM
undertaker

can't comment on it, but it sure ain't a cheap engine.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 PM
raykessler

indeed
Old 08-12-2004, 06:21 AM
binaryterror

Of the ones listed I'd get the RB .28 or either of the Novarossi .28's (3 or 8 port).