Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Advice thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:18 PM
jimbo1102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice thread?

I recently bought an LST and a thread offering advice would be of great help to me. I have built RC's for 15 years but this is only my 3rd nitro vehicle.

After run oil, have you LST owners been putting it in the cylinder or carb, or both? Its pretty tough to get to the opening if you pull the glowplug. I have been blowing it off with my compressor to get all dust/crud away from the plug and then removing the plug and dripping a bit of oil in there. Any better ideas?

2 speed, I have read about the adjustment and it seems pretty tough to get an allen head in there to adjust. Any tips?

Radio end points. I read that the CVD breakage might be reduced if the steering endpoints are reduced. What are people running/ I took mine down to 50% to test it, turning radius was 50' so I wnt back up to 75%, better but not great.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:48 PM
icenutz

Default RE: Advice thread?

I have been running at 80% n the steering since I bought it. I have some indication of rubbing on the CVD's. i would not be able to go any lower to still run effectively at my local track. So, I can not wait till this issue is resolved.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

After run oil, have you LST owners been putting it in the cylinder or carb, or both?
i put it in both.. you could use a syringe or some kinda dropper to get down in the glow plug hole, but i use wd-40 and it has a extension (long plastic stem)on it so i can get all the way down in the cylinder, but i move the piston all the way down to the bottom of its stroke so when i spray i dont get over flow on the top of the head.... i have used marvel mystery oil and wd-40 forever.. it does the same thing as "after run oil"
Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 AM
jimbo1102

Heres one

Left side axles nuts are reverse threaded, ALMOST found that one the hard way
Old 09-09-2004, 09:41 PM
creyc

I changed the axles to the Savage setup, with the wheel nuts tightening as I turn them towards the back of the truck. Losi says the reason for the way they are is because the brakes have a better chance of loosening the wheel nuts than the acceleration of the truck. (or lack of in mine)

I have also noticed my turning radius is worse than my Savage 25, but I attribute that to the larger tires on the LST. I get a radius of maybe 40', so 'prolly a little better than yours and it's set to move to maximum travel. And yes, it's a 6v battery pack, if anyone was about to ask.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:27 PM
theerm

take the c clip off the 2 speed and remove first gear. it's a lot easer to get the allen key in. for some reason my truck seam different to others i have read about in the forums. i only run 4 turns out. mine was changing to soon. maybe the slipper clutch was sliping and causing it to change early?? have fun with it. i have broken clutch springs, i replaced the springs and clutch arms with a cheapo accessory clutch and have had no more problems. i have broken no cvd's and i run at 125% with stronger servos. i still think the spring on the servo savers are to soft causing slow steering at high speed. i have started running 30% nitro, just amazing the difference wheelstands like a basted and idles better.
ORIGINAL: jimbo1102

I recently bought an LST and a thread offering advice would be of great help to me. I have built RC's for 15 years but this is only my 3rd nitro vehicle.

After run oil, have you LST owners been putting it in the cylinder or carb, or both? Its pretty tough to get to the opening if you pull the glowplug. I have been blowing it off with my compressor to get all dust/crud away from the plug and then removing the plug and dripping a bit of oil in there. Any better ideas?

2 speed, I have read about the adjustment and it seems pretty tough to get an allen head in there to adjust. Any tips?

Radio end points. I read that the CVD breakage might be reduced if the steering endpoints are reduced. What are people running/ I took mine down to 50% to test it, turning radius was 50' so I wnt back up to 75%, better but not great.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:45 AM
GoonieAsian

here is another advice about the LST.

1. the stock clutch springs on the motor are very weak. I have found that using the savage 3 shoe clutch and springs works just as well.

2. inside the Mach .26 there is a very thin shim that sits on top of the connecting rod where the crankshaft and the one way bearing is. and that has a tendency to pretty much dissappear and screws up the engine itself.

I think that is all besides the axles are weak and the started gears are plastic. I will post more about it. oh if your lhs dont have parts pm me i got tons of lst parts in at my shop.