Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

pissed off at the LHS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 03:11 PM
losiman4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pissed off at the LHS

alright, this doesnt have too incredibly much to do with the LST, but to me it does. i ordered my LST special order through my lhs and they said one week, well its been 8 days and my mom gave them a call today and they said it was backordered till the 13th. it doesnt sound like much, but its probably getting shipped from horizon (illinois) to my lhs (missouri) via UPS, UPS is one of the slowest sjipping services around and they take 7 days or more to get things anywhere and im quite angry that the lhs didnt tell me about this backorder when i ordered it from them because i could have ordered through stormer and had it by now and didnt have to pay the POS $50 tax to get it either. since this is basically a rant, ill throw a question in....

what would u guys think if ur lhs didnt tell u about a backorder on something u were expecting in a week?

and btw, they said it was originally a TWO MONTH backorder, if it is or was, im gonna give them a FAT piece of my mind just because having everything but the truck is very frustrating.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
snortonLSTrules

Default RE: pissed off at the LHS

boo hoo
Old 09-10-2004, 05:22 PM
schmacher

hey snorton, no need to be a p-rick
Old 09-10-2004, 06:26 PM
shadey

[sm=drowning.gif]

#1. You should have had your mommy do the research for you, she probably would have asked all the right questions so her baby boy would not get upset.

#2 Do you think you can afford to part with a fat piece of your mind and would your mommy let you.

#3 Do you think it will get here any quicker if you wine about it.

#4 Make sure that you throw a real big tantrum when you tell your LHS. Off so you will be banned for good. This way your mommy will need to get all of your trucks supplies for you.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Sorry I could not help the sarcasms.

I’m sure the LHS. Didn’t deceive you purposely, let them know that you are unhappy and you weren’t expecting that long of a wait for the product and see what they say. They might help you with a discount of the product or throw in some fuel or glow plugs. But chewing their ^$$ will not make any thing any better it will only make you look like a little d!(k [witch may be the fact] and you would have burned that bridge for any help in the future.

So what should you do?

Show your mom that you are a big boy and handle the problem with finesse and she might buy you another one.

Be patient, a week after you’ve plaid with your truck you would have forgotten all about the wait, but your LHS. will remember how you handled your self every time you walk through their doors.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:32 PM
fourwheeler

Dude...this is priceless advice....take heed[8D]

"Be patient, a week after you’ve plaid with your truck you would have forgotten all about the wait, but your LHS. will remember how you handled your self every time you walk through their doors. "

Nice going shadey, you are wise before your time
Old 09-10-2004, 07:18 PM
ThermalRD

Well, telling your LHS off wont do you, or anybody else any good at all. I do however see that the RCU population is just taking a dive in maturity lately. Too many sarcastic remarks, that only tick people off. Too many heated discussions over RC's. Too many closed, and deleted threads because of it all.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 PM
MUDSHED

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well, telling your LHS off wont do you, or anybody else any good at all. I do however see that the RCU population is just taking a dive in maturity lately. Too many sarcastic remarks, that only tick people off. Too many heated discussions over RC's. Too many closed, and deleted threads because of it all.
I agree with all you said there Thermal..

I'll tell you, people wouldnt act this way if this forum was discussed in person. Lets say we were all in a giant room and we were all discussing these topics that we read on this forum face to face. Can you imagine how people would react to such immaturity. We would have a huge rumble over RC BullS**T! Alot of people are pretty brave to type out what they say here safely behind their computer. Just like how people cut other people off on the freeway just because they are safely in their car. I bet you that theyll have a different approach if you asked them to step outside there car for a minute and lets handle the situation like real men!

Sorry folks! I have the worst road rage in me. I just had to vent. Its Friday and I just got home from some gruesome traffic![:@]
Old 09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
shadey

OT

Shame on me for giving terrible advice I’m vary sorry for making the situation so much worse, I should of handled it differently. I was just having a little fun and leaving with some good info. And if I was in a room with a kid that had this problem and acted like that over a toy I would tell him the same thing, or someone should.

Guys I’m not here to get in to a pissing match, I just think we have a different opinion on what is crap posting with no info, and just messing around with good advice.[sm=thumbup.gif]

sorry to go off topic of the boy pissed at his Lhs.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:40 PM
losiman4

well i was expecting it to be here yesterday, i dont like things to be late at all. and btw shady, im 15, and i do things by myself, my mom called them probably because she has nothing else to do all day at home. and if i tell them im displeased in their services, i have a feeling they will just say sorry because they dont seem like the type of people that would give me stuff for free and they dont really have anything i need as far as parts go...

thanks for all posts (except for shadey's first one)
Old 09-10-2004, 08:42 PM
theerm

why even go to your local hobby shop these days? you can get every thing on ebay cheaper and faster to your door. sus it out it may be a help.
ps keep it up shady
Old 09-10-2004, 08:46 PM
losiman4

thats what i said, i didnt wanna pay that dumb tax, id rather pay $7 shipping. if i went there today i would have talked to them about it and would have seen if they could get it to me any faster because i already paid for it. i dont even know what the 13th is, like if it will be at the lhs or at horizon or where, but either way, i plan on waiting hell of a lot longer then i expected.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
theerm

once they have your money it's hard to get them to do anything im'sure. keep your chin up. and i guess it is good practice for when your waiting for crash replacement parts??? it won't be long
Old 09-10-2004, 08:59 PM
losiman4

actually as far as the parts go, noreaga said that since he put those maxx tires on his lst, he hasnt broen anything. so ill see if i can get some money off on those or something if there in stock which is doubtful.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 PM
theerm

i have seen his video , he drives good. i cant help but drive mine to fast in the back yard and slam in to things. but to be honest. with good driving, i wouldn't expect to many problems. i haven't broken an axle or cvd.. i have broken some suspension arms so it has had some fairly big hits. the clutch springs did go after about a gallon. you will enjoy it when you get it,, more so after a wait.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:15 PM
losiman4

thanks for rubbing it in my face, lol, jp.

the reason i got this truck was because it was claimed to be "bullet proof" which it sounds like it is. suspension arms arent a big deal and the other ones arent too bad either. just another annoyance.

btw, do u have an instant messanger of any kind? i like talkin to fellow RCers because theres usually nobody else on.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
shadey

Losiman

I was just messing around with your post and I realize that I'm not in your shoes, it sounds like you deserve more respect than I gave you. your comment to me was very polite compared to my post to you, so I'm glad you let it role off your back like a man.

It is frustrating when people don't deliver on what they promise but it happens on $600 trucks and on million dollar deals, Ben there done that. The bottom line is the receipt and your conversation is a written and verbal contract you paid the man so you held up your part, he did not deliver in the time that was spesifide or in a reasonable time that is acceptable to you or industry standards{lack of the lhs. research to hold up his end of a verbal contract} two things you can do. But before you proceed you need to know if you will ever need that store. first you can see if they can satisfy you being PO'd by apologies or bling, if they cant make you happy then plan B you have a receipt and no product demand your money back, even if they have a sign that sys no refunds on special orders if they don't call the police to get documentation of the date and time of the of the event, you can use this info if you used your moms credit card or check or to take to Court at a later time, most likely they will just give you the doe to get you out of their hair.

This is real extreme way to deal with this, especially at 15years, you must hold your cool and know your opshions.

Mebe your mom might throw another one on her card wile the legal stuff gets done.

Shadey.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:57 PM
creyc

Of course an almost afterthought benefit of more expensive toys is that they are played with my (usually) more experienced, knowledgeable and more mature hobby enthusiasts. Anyone can buy a $350 T-maxx but a $600 truck like the LST doesn't often make it's way to the hands of the younger generation without reason. This also brings up another similar thought, that the only people who would buy a $600 truck in the first place would have good reason to do so. Obviously someone who knew nothing of RC trucks wouldn't know the difference or benefit of a 7-port race tuned engine or a synthesized 6 model memory FM radio system. As sad as it may sound I appreciate the increased price of some trucks with respect to the increased maturity that comes with its user base.

Obviously there are many many exceptions to this way of thinking o don't take it to heart. It may take a seasoned expert to make the distinction between what's worth the money and what isn't; what can be upgraded later to keep the initial price down? One might prefer to buy a T-Maxx and build it out with UE parts to get it up to their level of performance without having to initially break the bank with a $600 starting point.

In closing, I think you need to do the mature thing and just accept that you'll have to wait till it gets in. There's no use telling off your Hobby Shop, they make mistakes like the rest of us and they may have forgotten to call and let you know. There's not really anything you can do but wait.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:55 AM
losiman4

thanks for that post. and i owned a t-maxx before this for a year and decided it wasnt enough and didnt wanna put a lot of money into that to make it as nice. so i went there and they told me about peak chargers and stuff and which one was more durable (betweent an MGT and the LST), and since they helped me so much, i decided to buy from them in return kind of as a favor and they have dissappointed me. not too incredibly bad, but bad enough to make me mad that i dont have it. im makin a trip up there today to see whats goin on and stuff and to see if i can get some extra little things to put on the truck (wheels & tires), if they dont help me with that, i guess ill just wait.

and i did know all the benefits of buying this truck over others when i bought it, the t-maxx showed me enough weak links in its parts.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
William Q

Losiman4 I really understand how you feel. But everyone is right don't go off on your lhs. What you can do is this, when you go to your lhs ask them if they'll pay for the $50 tax since your truck didn't arrive when stated. If they don't then ask for your money back and order it from Stormer like you said you should have at the beginning. I've been in the hobby since I was in 7th grade and now 31 and let me tell you this my lhs has alway's given me discounts when thing's didn't come as planned, but I never went off on them I just simply let them know that I wasn't happy. Oh one more thing and this may not work for you but if and when I find a price cheaper than my lhs has I bring them the ad and tell them I would like it for the same price and I get it. See supporting you lhs is important in saving the hobby so I never order anything from other places just look around in rccaraction see something I want and if the price is better I just bring in the mag and it's mine. Alway's support your hobby shop.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:51 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: totally losi

Alway's support your hobby shop.

That is great advise. Someone here posted that ordering online is better. I don't think so. Any jerk can sell stuff online. The people who own hobby shops work to keep you in the hobby. They have parts available in the store and will offer any advise and help that they can. You can't get that type of stuff from an online store.

I always try to buy stuff from my LHS instead of online. I will only resort to buying online if my LHS can't get what I need. I will even pay the (sometimes) higher price at my LHS just to keep them in business. There are people's jobs and lives that center around sales at the LHS. That's how the owner and employees pay their rent. I try to keep my money in my own community as much as possible.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:32 PM
losiman4

i was there and said that i was kinda mad and wasnt an ass to them or ANYTHING and they didnt do anything for me, they just said "these are hard to keep in stock, we will let u know when it is in." then i proceeded to look at tires and a guy that was into airplanes was trying to tell me what to get, i was listening but didnt take his advice.

and my lhs does price matches, so im gonna go there and tell them i can get tires and wheels from a mag for cheaper and they will price match it for me.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Phalloidin

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Dude...this is priceless advice....take heed[8D]

"Be patient, a week after you’ve plaid with your truck you would have forgotten all about the wait, but your LHS. will remember how you handled your self every time you walk through their doors. "

Nice going shadey, you are wise before your time
Yup, even if he can't spell
Old 09-13-2004, 12:34 AM
GoonieAsian

Losiman, I work for a lhs i have had a total of two LST come in since it was first released back in June. now it is Sept. yeah probably your lhs say it takes about a week to come in. but actually i had to backorder the lst three times so far. and i dont know when to expect another shipment of them in. i did the same thing with the revos when there were released. you just have to be patient. There are so many hobby shops all over the US, and Horizon cant keep up with orders and also they probably had to pause productions because of updates on the truck themselves.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
undertaker

well two of my LHS's have LST's in stock......email or pm me if you want details. Prices are competetive, and they'd be shipping out of NYC area which is high on the ups priority list.

I have number 78, got it in early july.... the shops have them in the # 2000 area, red bodies I think.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
icenutz

The HobbytownUSA in Pittsburgh (Robison Town Square) has one or two, i was just there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.