Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Tell me I'm dreaming #3058

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 06:55 PM
nd2xlr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me I'm dreaming #3058

Guy's, I"ve got the best monster truck that I have ever seen. I got my lst #3058 a couple of weeks ago. I broke it in the first week and not much else (work got in the way). I took out twice since, today an yesterday. Yesterday I ran the truck pretty hard and the response was so good that I was scared my temp gun was broke. I went and bought a new temp gun today and the temps were about 200-210, same as yesterday. I tried the spit test just in case both temp guns were broke, it took forever to evaporate. I can make the truck flip on its back going down an incline! I have had Traxxas, HPI and a Truckzilla kit, and nothing compares to this. I have never owned a LOSI product before, so I did'nt know what to expect, OMG. I have jumped this truck and bashed the snot out of it and it's better than I had hoped. If I wanted two I would defiantly sell my T-maxx and Savy to pay for it with no regrets. This truck get's nothing but accolade's from me! Unless it tears up, LOL! Just had to spread the word on what an awesome experience with a monster I've ever had.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:04 PM
rcaddict83

Default RE: Tell me I'm dreaming #3058

did you notice anything different in the LST from the first LST's that came out, such as nuts on the bottom of the tie rod ends. glad your having fun with it.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:34 PM
nd2xlr8

I don't know about the first gen, but mine had nuts on the tie rods.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:35 PM
rcaddict83

cool, at least they fixed one problem
Old 09-17-2004, 09:00 PM
creyc

Would these wheelies be in high gear by any chance?

You do know you are extremely lucky right? Losi considers it normal and in perfect working order for the truck not to be able to pull a wheelie at all; grass, concrete, whatever in high gear. In fact I own one of such machines. You're truck sounds almost unbelievable, if yuo can take any videos of it that would be awesome.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:15 PM
nd2xlr8

all high gear, run's like a scalded dog and still has enough torque to flip it over. Not from a dead stop either, I can flip it while its in moving easily. That's why I can believe the temp's. My .46 truckzilla can't pull my savage like this .26 can pull my LST. My jaw is still on the floor over the power. I am completely satisfied with my LST. So far ( knock on wood).
Old 09-17-2004, 10:20 PM
R Horn
My Feedback: (2)

After adjusting my slipper on the snug side, my LST became extreemly front end happy. If you want it to stay down back the slipper off a touch. Even loose it just slips and heats up but doesnt melt like my MGT. Start playing with the slipper and yoou will find that happy medium you will like. Enjoy the power and use the slipper to controls it.

Rich
Old 09-18-2004, 02:58 AM
greig

could not agree more with the slipper backed off a little I can keep the front ent down but at 3.5-4 turns out it will weelie on comant on grass in high gear while moving or at dead stop, the back of my body is trashed because of sometimes impromtu whhelies at speed in high gear and the truck flips onto its back, sometimes back onto its wheels too. So back out the slipper a little and have fun. I have ajusted mine noe to a perfect position that enables controled wheelies, instead of the brute power ones that slam it onto its lid before you can react.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Wedge598

Excellent news!

You know I've really been drooling over this truck a lot lately. I saw one in my local Hobby shop and was really impressed. The size is truely a 1/8 scale from what I could tell. It seemed much bigger than the T-maxx and Revo they had.

I bought a T-maxx recently (2 months ago) and have been having a ball with it (my first nitro). Mine seems to run very well with no temperature or tuning problems. The EZ-start is really nice and I love having the reverse for far away emergencies. Outfitted with new Proline 40 series Big-Joe tires it performs very well bashing around the yard. My only minor gripes is the short axle spacing makes it somersault easy and the gearing is setup more for speed than I would like. Banging around the yard it's just too dang fast.

For those reasons I really like the looks of the LST. The optional lower gear setting really sounds appealling to me and the longer axle spacing should make it more stable. From what I've been able to tell it also has reverse (is this limited to lower gear only?) and a shaft start system ought to be nearly as good as the EZstart. I also like the thought of the larger scale and big bore engine. But the best feature is the radio. I've been looking into getting that radio system for my other cars and trucks anyway. Now I'm thinking I ought to just save a little more and buy the LST!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:08 AM
kevinb456

when i first read this a few days ago i was wondering what the hell you were on about, my lst didnt seem particularly fast. true, i had only just finished breaking in and hadnt tuned the needles yet, but boy was a i wrong! today i started tuning the needles and ive got so much more performance (way more than i expected). this thing rocks!! im just able to pull the front end up in high gear, but i havnt finished tuning the LSN yet, so hopefully once i have, ill be able to flip it on its lid!

ive got the slipper set at 1/2 turn, the factory setting is 1 turn. how tight can i go (to get more wheelies) without risking stripping the spur?

seriously, if anyone is even thinking about getting this truck DO IT NOW. its just too awesome for words (and ive only just finished the break in and havnt done anything other than flat ground!). it really is a dream come true, i 100% agree with you nd2xlr8.

over £500 well spent!! (u americans have it lucky)
Old 09-19-2004, 05:18 PM
mini ripper

Kevin,
They do have it lucky are friends from over the water but prices are all relative a tenner to us is same as ten Dollars to an American you with me. Yes they do have cheap petrol but some things over in the US are more expensive than over hear.

All the best

T-meker
Old 09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
losiman4
My Feedback: (1)

i paid a total of $800 for my entire setup and the LST over here.

the truck alone was $600, so i guess its about the same as the UK.