Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New engine is sreaming and I don't know why...

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New engine is sreaming and I don't know why...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
dray33
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New engine is sreaming and I don't know why...

thanks torque I also have the carb off my old mach. I will check that tonight im on lunch right now. Like you said the action on the carb is not as smooth as the mach carb was. Also when I blip it stops for a sec then takes off again. You describe 100% what im dealing with.

I was going to tear everything down tonight and seal all what see if that helped. Before I do that I will change carbs and see if that helps.

Ill let ya know.

Peace.
ORIGINAL: TorqueFest

Dray33 - My SH.28 has been giving me the same problem, with RPM running away all by itself. If I blip the throttle it settles down for a few seconds and then starts to speed up again. I sealed everything, back plate, carb to crank case and the HSN assembly, I even sealed the bellows to the carb body as the carb barrel actiion isn't the smoothest I've experienced. No difference at all.

Before anyone mentions anything electrical, this happen if I use the transmitter for control OR if the RC is OFF and I move the throttle linkage by hand. I hate the servo saver throttle set up and have got a conventional slider/spring set up.

Anyway. Trying to eliminate possible causes I tried the carb off my old Mach.26 (they are identical externally apart from the logo and the SH has a slightly wider throat) and although the needle settings were well off ideal it does run WITHOUT the runaway problem! and appears to now be tunable.

It would appear to suggest a duff carb. Does your carb barrel action seem smooth or is it a little rough? The next thing for me to try is fitting the SH's carb to the Mach and see if it gets the runaway symptoms.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
dray33

Allright looks like the problem with the engine taking off is fixed. Thanks Torque I put my mach carb on there and that seemed to fix the prob. Now I cant seem to get it to consistantaly start now. When it does it keeps dying as im giving it gas to stay on. Im sure its just some needle adjusting. Sometimes I hate theese things so many probs. I keep dumping money into my truck to have the probs go awaybut there is always something.......

Later
Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
tocache

ORIGINAL: dray33

Allright looks like the problem with the engine taking off is fixed. Thanks Torque I put my mach carb on there and that seemed to fix the prob. Now I cant seem to get it to consistantaly start now. When it does it keeps dying as im giving it gas to stay on. Im sure its just some needle adjusting. Sometimes I hate theese things so many probs. I keep dumping money into my truck to have the probs go awaybut there is always something.......

Later
Adjust the LSN a little richer if your engine dies after kicking the accel
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 AM
dray33

I just finished running in the truck this evening. Everything seems to be in order now. Thanks to all that helped fix the problems. I hope anyone else that has this problem finds this thred.

I changed my carb out from the SH to the Mach carb just like Torque did to fix his issue after all other ave's were explored and the problem is gone.

Peace