Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Is this a Joke?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 04:14 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a Joke?

LOL The RCU LST forum is no different than the Traxxas forum. Either flame people or keep postig on how great your own truck is....whatever it takes to make you all feel good.

And with that I'm gone...kinda like a Mach .26 engine in an LST
Old 11-03-2004, 04:36 PM
4wheelin

Wow man, I was looking at the cover, thinking about how to go about this...I have been in this hobby for years now, so this is just a nother day. I REALLY did not expect to be fixing a problem like this.

hands down, I started this thread out wrong. And I mean just from the track still pissed wrong. Should'nt done that.

But honestly, alot of rude remarks from people I KNOW would not say that to my face.....not because I am big and tough, cause I'm not..but because most of you are probably very nice people. Thats how we all get by day to day and have money to buy LST's. Whatever....I have done the same thing so I can take it.

Tell me how to fix this cover....the pic is niice and gives me the clue that I have to fabricate something in two halves. thanks

And since I have spent 550.00 (got a good deal) I'm not going anywhere.

Basic member
Old 11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Pinolelst

Actually you don't have to make something in two pieces.Just get some relatively thin clear plastic (this will be your template)and trace around the backside of the gear cover leave it a little larger particularly at the bottom where the two bolts pass through.Then figure out where to make the holes for the clutch bell and slipper clutch by either trial and error or careful measurement.Make then slightly oversized to allow for some errors.This is easier if you remove the two speed Then take the template with the two big holes in it put it up against the chassis and tape it in place so you can see through the plastic to mark the two bottom holes.Drill them out and test fit everything making sure the clutch bell or slipper isn't rubbing or catching anything.When it all looks good take the template and cut a real cover from thin aluminum.I've tried plastic but the heat from the clutch bell melts it away pretty quickly.

Hope this helps

Peace [8D]
Old 11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
kevinb456

ok 4wheelin thanks for that reply, i retract my first statement, i know it can be frustating and sometimes you make posts in the heat of the moment, ive done it before.

try some electrical tape or something on the header just to stop it rubbing.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:36 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

LOL The RCU LST forum is no different than the Traxxas forum. Either flame people or keep postig on how great your own truck is....whatever it takes to make you all feel good.

And with that I'm gone...kinda like a Mach .26 engine in an LST
Traxxas forum isnt as bad as the savage forum...[&:]
Old 11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
One Kool Cat

Ha, Its funny that I just saw this thread today. Yesterday I spent a good part of my afternoon fabricating a cover out of plexi glass. But i made one terrible error, [sm=eek.gif] the glass was too thick to begin with so I had to trim it down to make it fit. Where it goes around the slipper originally I just made a hole for it but because it was so thick I was having a real problem trying to get all the pads and rings lined up with the cover in my way, so I made a slot going completely to the bottom to make it easier. Well my first tank went great and it looked so sweet but on the second tank the high speed gear caught the slot I made and messed both gears up really bad, so now Im going to have to do it all over again, this time using the right thickness and making sure theres just a hole for the slipper so theres nothing for the spurs to catch. Im glad I read this though because I was going to use .050 lexan but someone sad it may melt so Ill use the aluminum. Hopefully my second attempt will turn out succesful!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
4wheelin

I just got done with lexan...turning the truck over I grabed part of the cover, not very flexible...
But it turned out nice.

There is no way to keep the dirt out...part of me is thinking of some type of fan to keep the dirt moving right on out ...this is a tough problem.

Perhaps a better solution would be using belts instead of gears....two of them. They would wear too, but hopefuly slower.

Or some kind of slush drive!!!!!

I'm going back to stare at it some more........
Old 11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eye one

THREAD JACK ALERT:

ORIGINAL: lstman

<snip>.........i cant wait till the secondary gear cover comes out though. it will help the spurs alot. .......<snip>.
LOSB3191 Secondary Gear Cover Set (LST) $5.50

Yeah I would be much interested too, anyone know where to order or if available yet?

I ordered one of those gear covers from my LHS, but I doubt it'll do much. If you look at the picture, there is a slot at the bottom of the stock cover. This is where the majority of debris is coming from. The secondary cover is designed upside down, the dirt is coming in from the bottom, not the top. Take a look at your LST, now picture where the "roosted" dirt from the front right tire is going. The dirt gets "sprayed" directly into the gears from the front right tire when it spins.

ThermalRD had many issues and was open about them, unfortunately many users here just kept flaming him whether he was posting good or bad, so he doesn't post in this section anymore, which is a shame, he knows his crap.

ThermalRD does still have his LST and does keep upgrading it, but he does run the Revo because it has been better to him overall. Everytime he takes the LST to the track....something new "happens".

It does kinda suck that Matt got flamed that hard about his truck. So hard in fact that he decided to leave without coming back. I like Matt and all, and he is pretty darn knowledgeable, but in a way I can see where everyone was coming from. It got to the point where all of Matt's posts were negative ones. He kept posting about the same problems over and over. At times he got pretty upset at Losi and the LST, which is by all means his right to do, but some people were kinda getting tired of it I guess. When someone spends $600 on a brand new truck and comes to the forums to discuss it with fellow owners, I could see how some people would get upset by reading so much negative criticism about it. This is especially true when many others weren't experiencing the same problems, or at least at the same frequency.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:04 PM
lstman

been there. ive had troubles with my trucks that only some good serious staring can cure. i think the gear cover that comes on it has a hole in the bottom just to let out the rocks and roadkill. im not sure if it will ever be possible to keep stuff out of there. i would like to have a sealed case that covers the clutchbell also. i dont think its possible though. i am going to get the robinson steel gears and the losi secondary cover. its like 5 bucks. i never had trouble with my t-maxx spurs after i went steel. and i ran that with a half a body on it. everything covered in dirt. im hoping some aftermarket company has a look at this setup and comes out with something. i get all stemmy thinking about what there working on right now. this truck in 6 months is going to be a beast!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: lstman

this truck in 6 months is going to be a beast!
I dont like alot of losi products, but this MT looks like a nice one. I too am wondering what the LST will have in about 6-10 months and if all the kinks are worked out of it. Even though Im getting a Traxxas, it will be cool to see.[&:]
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 PM
jefx

After owning a Tmaxx and a LST, I would definatly go for the LST again. My Tmaxx has been nothing but a PITA since day one. The radio and steering servos were bad out of the box, and it got much worse from there. Thousands of dollars later, my Tmaxx is finally almost as good as my LST is stock.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Pinolelst

Haven't had any problems with rock intrusion on mine since I put the backplate on and taped the bottom hole shut.I'll check it every so often looking for accumulated dirt but haven't found any YET.
That losi gear cover looks like it'll sit flush with the chassis and will also close off the area entirely if you tape off the bottom hole.

Anyone else notice the hole in the regular gear cover for slipper adjustment ??
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
jefx

Yes. There should be a rubber plug in it.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:18 PM
lstman

mines got the plug to.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Pinolelst

Do'h Never noticed mine until after I posted
Old 11-03-2004, 09:49 PM
IrateRC

I have a sweet gear cover but I don't know how to put pictures on here. Someone help me please!!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:36 PM
IrateRC

Just do a serch on the E bay for "lst gear cover" and you will find the gear cover I have. I cant figure out how to put pictures on here.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:08 PM
captanabolic

DANG BT THAT WAS COLD!!! LOL
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 PM
wicked LST

ORIGINAL: IrateRC

Just do a serch on the E bay for "lst gear cover" and you will find the gear cover I have. I cant figure out how to put pictures on here.
been there done it already bro....nice copy of mine...lol

check this thread 2 weeks ago....lol http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=2272776
Old 11-03-2004, 11:55 PM
IrateRC

Thats funny, you probably won't believe this but i never saw yours till now. Great minds think a like!
Old 11-04-2004, 05:43 AM
4wheelin

Thats it, where can I get one? I will buy it before making one.

Thats all we need here.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:02 AM
wicked LST

im actually gonna be making a few more, me and captanabolic (he lives close). I will most likely let em go real cheap.....maybe 5 a pop...just gotta see how long it takes me to make a few more.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
IrateRC

I am going to have an order of about 100 done next week. (Auto Cad and a $800,000.00 cnc laser cutter helps.)
Old 11-04-2004, 11:03 AM
kevinb456

well ill have one i live in the UK, woudl that be okay :P

start a new topic when youve got them for sale!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:41 PM
wicked LST

ORIGINAL: IrateRC

I am going to have an order of about 100 done next week. (Auto Cad and a $800,000.00 cnc laser cutter helps.)

cheater!!!!! lol by hand.....blood sweat and tears in that shiznit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.