Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Winter storage....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Lex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter storage....

Does anyone have any tips on storing RC vehicles over the winter. I know this question doesn't apply to everyone but were I'm from we've already seen some of the white stuff.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:41 AM
lstman

Default RE: Winter storage....

ive only stored mine in winter once. i just keep on runnin. but when i did it, i emptied the tank and fuel linesand blew them out with an air gun. sprayed wd-40 in them. sprayed them out again. i took off the engines backplate and cleared the oil and fuel. same with the glow plug hole. then i soaked it with marvel mystery oil and spun it over a bit. i then soaked the entire truck with wd-40(after cleaning it) and just blew it off with the compressor.i disconnected my battery wires. and threw it in the closet. thats just how i did it.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Lex

Thanks lstman I guess the unpleasant task begins.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:21 AM
lstman

its not that bad. the unplaesant part for me would be not running for months. i think id snap!!! mine will be seeing some ice racing this year. by the looks, sooner than later. 24 degrees here this morning. not even called for! i have a ball in winter with my trucks. i cant remember breaking anything. the snow makes a soft landing. you would think the plastic would be brittle, but hasnt been an issue .
Old 11-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Lex

Your right, the unpleasant part is definitely not running over the winter. I'd like to run it through the winter but I'm still breaking in a new engine and I'm not sure about how that would work out during cold weather. I've managed to put three tanks through it and thats after rapping it with paper towel to keep it around 220 F . Once the engine is broken in is it necessary to keep the engine wrapped or is the cold no prob at this point? Just wondering.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:36 AM
lstman

that depends on who you ask. personally i just run mine. its tough figuring out the tuning. it runs so much leaner at really cold temps. i actually end um punning hotter in the winter because of this. your call though. ive never killed an engine running in the cold.