Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Steel ti-nitride spur/pinion gears

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Pinolelst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel ti-nitride spur/pinion gears

Team Losi now offers extreme duty clutch and 2-speed gears for their LST monster truck. These new gears are hardened steel and feature a secondary Titanium Nitride coating for additional surface hardness and lubricity. The LOSB3351 (15 tooth) and LOSB3357 (25 tooth) are direct replacements for the stock pinions and are designed to be used with the LOSB3429 (low) and LOSB3430 (high) 2-speed spur gears. These hi-tech steel gears were designed for the serious thrasher that wishes to run his truck in the worst gravel and rocky conditions. Although these gears are made from steel extra effort was made to remove excess weight so the finished gears are only slightly heavier than stock. These new gold colored steel gears now offer the LST owner the option of the stock hi-performance aluminum/plastic gear combination or these new Titanium Nitrided Steel gears for extreme conditions. These Titanium Nitride steel gears are avail individually or in the LOSB3428 specially priced set to meet the demands of the individual enthusiast.

LOSB3351 18T Steel Pinion (low) w/Titanium Nitride $14.99
LOSB3357 25T Steel Pinion (high) w/Titanium Nitride $14.99
LOSB3429 70T Steel Spur (low) w/Titanium Nitride $33.99
LOSB3430 63T Steel Spur (high) w/Titanium Nitride $25.99
LOSB3431 Drive Rings for 70T Steel Spur (2) $2.00
LOSB3428 2-Speed Steel/Ti-Nitride Gear Conversion $79.99

I haven't found these online anywhere but something to look forward to

On a side not I burned up another 2nd gear spur.No matter what I do I can't seem to get the pinion to sit anymore than about 2/3 of the way on the spur gear and it wears prematurely because of it I'm sure.Maybe shim out my clutch bell some and see if there's a shim to remove on the twp speed or slipper or something. Anyone else have that problem ??
Old 11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
lstman

Default RE: Steel ti-nitride spur/pinion gears

kind of. ya know how theres like 6 little washers the clutch bearing runs into on the shaft? i forgot to add a few of them. screwed it all up. i could still use more. i think like 9 would be perfect.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Pinolelst: Where did you get those pictures? I would like to find a site with pictures of all the parts with that kind of quality. The gears look real good!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Pinolelst

From a post on another forum.It's from rc car actions site. I tried to find the original article but couldn't
Old 11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
trippin_on_lst

no that is freaking sweeeeeettttttttt
Old 11-15-2004, 11:22 PM
wicked LST

thanks losi......f' robinson...tmaxx savage squaters.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 AM
loadleft

What I did to center the gears on each other was:
Put the clutch bell on as normal but I unscrewed the gears and shimmed the largest one out approx. 2mm then screwed them both back on tightly. In other words there are in order the bell then 2 1mm shims then the large pinion then the small one. Hope this is clear and helps!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:43 AM
lstman

hmm. never thought of that. sounds easier than what i did.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
LST-UK

Looks good but not cheap...Plastic spurs go instead of someting else on the drive train..... Pinolelst my 2nd was only 3/4 of the way on and the engine mount just allowed for a little better adjustment.....Im still off a little but havn't ripped any spurs...Can you open the engine mount holes up for a little more adjustment? Got to be carefull cos the first gear will rub the clutch bell, im as close as i would like to go with that....still think that even 3/4 on but with a good mesh you shouldnt be ripping up your spur...

Edit: loadleft.... read your post again and it now makes perfect sense, that looks like the way to go...how do you get your pinions off the clutch bell....bit of rag for protection and some grips...?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Jayphred

ORIGINAL: LST-UK

Looks good but not cheap...Plastic spurs go instead of someting else on the drive train.....

True to a point. But most people are tearing up gears from rocks and debris in the gears rather than power.