Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

stupid washer

Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
physco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default stupid washer

right now it is sixty outside my motor is being shipped to horizon and it just sucks.I really hope they treat me right about this problem.only had the truck for a week ran great for first half gallon. I raced a revo smoked it like it was sitting still i would catch up with it on the straights and run over it it was great.also raced a dominator with t maxx arms 40 seres bow ties and a 26 picco just about even for speed it just jumped a little better I blame it on my stock tires other than motor trouble I love this truck.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
lstman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: stupid fu##ing washer

there should be a thread on here that always pops up first that tells new people about the washer before they start there truck. and the diffs and clutch springs. it would most likely save alot of people alot of money. what do ya think? is that something the forum gods can do?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
physco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if i would have read all this stuff 5 days ago i would have took out that washer and still been rock and roling. it just sucks
Old 11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lstman

there should be a thread on here that always pops up first that tells new people about the washer before they start there truck. and the diffs and clutch springs. it would most likely save alot of people alot of money. what do ya think? is that something the forum gods can do?

This is a excellent idea. In addition I would like the ability to setup Group Buys. For instance if a group of 10 LST owners all agreed to buy a item we could get special pricing. I do this in another forum for my 1/1.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:07 PM
brushless

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lstman

"their" truck
Old 11-16-2004, 05:02 PM
lstman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there,their, they're....pick one!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:47 PM
smashn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol....anyone else have the flame warning when they go to post?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Rockman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have run about 1 1/2 gallons through the truck and did not take out the washer. No problems for me so far. I guess I am lucky so far.
Rockman
Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 PM
LST-UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rockman

I have run about 1 1/2 gallons through the truck and did not take out the washer. No problems for me so far. I guess I am lucky so far.
Rockman
Not lucky....you have two 1/2 tanks to go......bang.....
Old 11-16-2004, 08:51 PM
creyc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Over a gallon here and no problems from the shim. I talked to losi who told me basically not to worry about it unless something does in fact happen. In that case it'll be covered under warrantee. I'm leaving mine in regardless of what has happened to others engines. But the day my engine warranty expires I think I might go on the safe side and remove it, as no one who's taken it out has had troubles.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:56 PM
smashn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I didnt want to say anything about what bill told me when i called and inquired to him about "THE WASHER", but he told me"DO NOT TAKE OUT THE WASHER"! I agree with ya tho as soon as the warrantee goes so does the washer.......well besides i am lookin at a diff motor as well so maybe if the mach goes i will buy the new one and then keep the mach for a spare does anyone know in the newer production motors is the washer still an issue? Do they still use the washer?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Rockman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I also spoke with Bill and he was very clear about not opening up the engine to take out the washer. I was also told that Losi does not have a specific warranty but covers its products anyway. So I don't know what the implied warranty is. What is your opinion??
Rockman
Old 11-16-2004, 10:03 PM
smashn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats a good question. The understanding i got from bill is with a copy of the receipt and the motor sent bak in to him i.e losi he has his engineers look at it and they report back to him what they thought the problem was if it be owner tring to mod the motor or "The Washer" or whatever ......and if it turns out a losi or mach issue then replacements are sent but if it is owner tinker issues then notta.....For what it is worth i also called and spoke to horizon hobby ( the reference given for the radio and the mach motor in the manual ) they also said the same thing if the motor appears to be opened or broke down then they will not work with u by any means.........so that is what i am basing my opinion on for whats it is worth.......how they tell if it has been broke down by owner they didnt say but im sure they could cause a rash about it if they wanted.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Pinolelst

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: LST_RUNNER

lol....anyone else have the flame warning when they go to post?

Glad to see someone else could see it.Thought maybe I'd been singled out for some reason
Old 11-17-2004, 03:14 AM
greig

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i took my washer just before it went bang
Old 11-17-2004, 05:22 AM
greig

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My experience!
From my previous post

Well after all you advice I decided today after about 2 gallons of fuel through the engine to remove the washer. It would'nt have lasted one more tank YOU GUYS SAVED MY ENGINE! THANKS :-) On first inspection it looked ok but as soon as I touched it with my fingers it fell off! The centre was flogged out and heaps of wear to the conrod side, it was not going to be long before it failed and destroying the engine...... ANYONE LEFT WHO HASNT REMOVED IT DO IT NOW! It WILL eventually fail! THANKS again to all who have posted previously about this manufacturing oversight.

This is totally my opinion: I believe Horizon fix your engines that explode due to the shim they installed before fitting the rota start, hence warrenty with MACH would be null and void. To losi's credit they stand by their product, however I wonder how much longer they will continue to fit that shim. I'll bet the motor is supplied to losi woithout it! It wears on the conrod side and WILL eventually fly to pieces and wreck your motor GET RID OF IT! It takes tem minutes, you will wait a lot longer for a new replacement.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:25 AM
physco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I took the back plate off mine after it seized to see why it did. Horizon better not give me any trouble. the damage was allready done before i took it apart. after a gallon i take every motor apart to check sleeve piston and every thing. just hope horizon does not void my warranty for opening it up.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:54 AM
popa71

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I cant believe they are still installing that washer in the engine. It seems people have better luck with the engine without it.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
smashn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess i am goin to have to crack mine open to find out if they in fact are still putting them in i have #6066 ill report back for sure...........d@#$ i wasnt goin to do it but now u guys have me wandring beyond the point of pandering
Old 11-17-2004, 09:23 PM
theerm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

just took the washer out.. unfortunatly after it **** itself. i was a leave it in person, i am now a take it out person. mine went after a bout 3 gallons
ORIGINAL: greig

My experience!
From my previous post

Well after all you advice I decided today after about 2 gallons of fuel through the engine to remove the washer. It would'nt have lasted one more tank YOU GUYS SAVED MY ENGINE! THANKS :-) On first inspection it looked ok but as soon as I touched it with my fingers it fell off! The centre was flogged out and heaps of wear to the conrod side, it was not going to be long before it failed and destroying the engine...... ANYONE LEFT WHO HASNT REMOVED IT DO IT NOW! It WILL eventually fail! THANKS again to all who have posted previously about this manufacturing oversight.

This is totally my opinion: I believe Horizon fix your engines that explode due to the shim they installed before fitting the rota start, hence warrenty with MACH would be null and void. To losi's credit they stand by their product, however I wonder how much longer they will continue to fit that shim. I'll bet the motor is supplied to losi woithout it! It wears on the conrod side and WILL eventually fly to pieces and wreck your motor GET RID OF IT! It takes tem minutes, you will wait a lot longer for a new replacement.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:34 AM
4wheelin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

took my .26 apart...found the usual backplate disk with a centered crankn for the one way a spring and a black cap type part....wheres the washer go.....someone post a parts diagram showing the washer?
Old 11-20-2004, 10:01 AM
smashn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[>:] they dont put the washer in the diagrams becuz from what i have heard it is a last minute addition to keep the rotor from haviong to much slop.......no part number either.....[:@] nuff ta piss a newb rc'r off but o well
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
4wheelin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

spring is in it?
Old 11-24-2004, 02:22 AM
LosiCruncher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: stupid washer

Can someone post the details on removing this little ******* washer? I have had enough troubles as it is and I would hate to have a dead engine next. I just need step by step instructions on pulling it out, give a vacinity from the diagram perhaps?

What are the implications if you remove the washer? What does Bill say COULD happen that is any worse than what people are saying DOES happen?

Thanks,
LosiCruncher
Old 11-24-2004, 07:21 AM
physco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: stupid washer

just take 4 screws out of roto start than out of the back plate. the washer is on the crank pin bewteen the rod and one way bearing

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service