Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

no one will believe me but......

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 12:43 AM
deep_six

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no one will believe me but......

So i have a mgt body on my lst, and after fueling it the other day i was running it around a open field when it started making a wierd reving noise like the clutch was slipping or it was jumping in the grass and spinning the wheels for a second. I drove it over to the sidewalk to be sure, but it still did it. I drove it back to me and as soon as i let off the throttle it died. I heat gunned it, it turns out the new body didnt allow the fuel lid to close all the way so it didnt pressurize the tank, ran lean, and the head was at a whopping 440. OOPPS I thought the engine was gone, but i let it cool down, replaced the seriously ruined glow plug and it started right up. I know there is most likely going to be shorter engine life. But I am amazed that it didnt ruin it all together. It even appears to have the same power. moral of the story---make sure your fuel lid closes all the way!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:54 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: no one will believe me but......

ORIGINAL: deep_six

So i have a mgt body on my lst, and after fueling it the other day i was running it around a open field when it started making a wierd reving noise like the clutch was slipping or it was jumping in the grass and spinning the wheels for a second. I drove it over to the sidewalk to be sure, but it still did it. I drove it back to me and as soon as i let off the throttle it died. I heat gunned it, it turns out the new body didnt allow the fuel lid to close all the way so it didnt pressurize the tank, ran lean, and the head was at a whopping 440. OOPPS I thought the engine was gone, but i let it cool down, replaced the seriously ruined glow plug and it started right up. I know there is most likely going to be shorter engine life. But I am amazed that it didnt ruin it all together. It even appears to have the same power. moral of the story---make sure your fuel lid closes all the way!!!

You are a very lucky man!! Will the Steelers cover the spread with the Bengals this weekend? (I wish to profit from your luck)

I have ruined a Sirio .18 doing a lot less than that. When you try to turn it over with the flywheel can you still feel some compression?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:12 AM
fourwheeler

OOPS is right!!! It is hard to beleive that the motor isn't toast.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:38 AM
deep_six

i can turn it over with the fly wheel and it definetly still has compression.