Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

somethings a wife just wont understand....

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

somethings a wife just wont understand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 AM
smashn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somethings a wife just wont understand....

LOL so i ordered my alum diffs last night and of course i cant run dry diffs u know. Wife come up behind and ask me what i am doin? I said im ordering parts for the lst.............from that point on if i told u everything she said i would have double flame warnings and prolly get the boot from MR.ADMIN but i think it turns out i am a careless sob who doesnt care about anything but his f^%$#@ truck...................i just can not beileive it took this long for her to figure it out...........lol
Old 11-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Jared1106

Default RE: somethings a wife just wont understand....

LOL, LMAO, OMG I so know what you are saying, but mine hasnt figured it out yet. And lest look thie situation over a bit, in the past 3 or 4 months, there has been a new FG Monster Beetle, and new FG Monster Truck, both gas 1"6 scale, I bought a Brrgonzoni Dominator used but still, that is 1:5 scale. And if you seen the amount of packages that are delivered tro my home by Fedex you would think I was a shipper of somekind the # of times they are here... But still, I think she knows what I have spent, and am spending, and just dosent say anything, or she just hasnt hit her yet. The good thing is if diverce ever hits, she wont want these stupid toys!!!!!

PS. When my wife comes up behind me and leans on my sholders and says, what r u doing, I say get off my back, it is uncomfortable, and she gets a bit mad and walks away!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 10:34 AM
smashn

lol i spose its a lil easier to take her walkin away dejected than to listen to the 30 minute rant that always insues aswell good advice thanx....lol
Old 11-20-2004, 11:06 AM
icenutz

I am sorry to hear that. Upon My first truck (XXXNT) my fiancé wanted a car to. She got a HPI RS4 and I painted her a body to match her real car and she totally supports the hobby. However, I do keep it reasonable. I could buy more but do not. So far we have a XXXNT, LST, Mini T, and her HPI RS4.

The moral of the story is don't give up hope, she might come around.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: Jared1106

LOL, LMAO, OMG I so know what you are saying, but mine hasnt figured it out yet. And lest look thie situation over a bit, in the past 3 or 4 months, there has been a new FG Monster Beetle, and new FG Monster Truck, both gas 1"6 scale, I bought a Brrgonzoni Dominator used but still, that is 1:5 scale. And if you seen the amount of packages that are delivered tro my home by Fedex you would think I was a shipper of somekind the # of times they are here... But still, I think she knows what I have spent, and am spending, and just dosent say anything, or she just hasnt hit her yet. The good thing is if diverce ever hits, she wont want these stupid toys!!!!!

PS. When my wife comes up behind me and leans on my sholders and says, what r u doing, I say get off my back, it is uncomfortable, and she gets a bit mad and walks away!!!!
CAreful about that "her not wanting these stupid toys" Friend of mine went through a nasty divorce a few years ago.So nasty that his soon to be ex took all his toys,planes ,helicopters and radios..placed them all in the driveway and ran over them repeatedly with a large SUV.

"hell hath no fury like that of a woamn scorned..or ignored for a RC hobby"
Old 11-21-2004, 12:15 AM
skulldoctor

i know how u feel. i jus got my monster beetle yesterday. spos 2b a happy day but turnd into NAG,NAG,NAG,NAGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 09:54 AM
jb-rc

My wife is the coolist we have the dont ask dont tell policy on our hobbies I love rc and she loves jewelry I dont want to know what that stuff cost, as long as the bills are paid and there is money left for beer Im happy. Plus I can allways say its for my six year old son he loves truks too.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:08 PM
smashn

lol jb-rc if i tried that it would she ask and she no tell....lol
Old 11-22-2004, 04:30 PM
bkmademedoit

its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Some of my purchases (even though I am the SOUL provider and pay all of the bills) have landed me in the doghouse. I got so sick of her finding my receipts and driving me into the ground about the hobby that I seriously gave up. I went from 4 Nitro MT's to nothing just to quiet her yapper.

My wife although sometimes supportive is highly intolerant of frivelous spending and I get in trouble a lot spending MY hard earned dollars. In the end, my family is more important so I back down. I just wish she let me play more...
Old 11-24-2004, 01:55 AM
LosiCruncher

Man do I hear you guys. My girlfriend hates it, says it's childish, and totally turns over in bed when I'm ordering Losi LST parts. "All you care about is your stupid Blue!" I call him Blue. She thinks its stupid but I tell her it's very complicated piece of machinery. Either way, I think it's good to have hobbies and have fun. She goes out and buys all these cloths that she doesn't need, I could really care less about that. She thinks my Losi LST breaks too much :| I can't really argue about that HAHA. I don't think I would get so much crap if the car was working all the time. When it comes down to it, I would get rid of the Losi for her but I don't want to see it come down to that!

Peace in the middle east,

LosiCruncher