Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

MIP CVD's holding up??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Pinolelst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIP CVD's holding up??

It's just over $100 to buy the full cvd set for all 4 corners but before I spring for them I want to know that they're holding up better than the stock ones.ANy breakage to report yet ??

lstman ???

TIA
Peace [8D]
Old 11-21-2004, 11:37 AM
TheBull350

Default RE: MIP CVD's holding up??

$100 [X(]
Old 11-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: TheBull350

$100 [X(]

That's axles and dogbones plus pins etc...if I read right []
Old 11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Jayphred

Have had mine in for two weeks. Haven't had time to run it though. Plus the weather isn't cooperating.[&o]
Old 11-21-2004, 11:48 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

It's just over $100 to buy the full cvd set for all 4 corners but before I spring for them I want to know that they're holding up better than the stock ones.ANy breakage to report yet ??

lstman ???

TIA
Peace [8D]

No they do not hold up under extreme abuse.

This one is bent and the pin is gone...

I would buy the Mips heavy duty axels and try them with stock drive shafts before you drop the money. (This is from my experience)
Old 11-21-2004, 11:50 AM
smashn

firefox roxs...been using it for awhile now....oops sorry bak to business
Old 11-21-2004, 11:56 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: LST_RUNNER

firefox roxs...been using it for awhile now....oops sorry bak to business
Me too!! Don't know how I lived without multitab browsing. I put everypage I visit in one Bookmarks folder and open them up in one window with multiple tabs with one mouse click.

Back to what's at hand: I have the Mips complete axles and drive shafts. I have bent one and the pin is gone. You can get the Mips heavy duty axles for about ~$20 vs ~$45 t0 ~65 (x2 for front and back) for the complete drive shaft and axles. My friend installed just the Mips heavy duty axles on the stock drive shafts. We will know in a few days how that holds up.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: 2DMax!!

lstman ???

TIA
Peace [8D]

I would buy the Mips heavy duty axels and try them with stock drive shafts before you drop the money. (This is from my experience)
Thanks.I've broken dogbones at both ends ......sheared pin on one end and broke one right at the slots on the other but have yet to break an axle.I see how beefy the mip's are at the slot end I just wish now that the pin was replaceable on the small end and that you could buy just the dogbones (they're not listed as far as I can see)
Old 11-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Bungleaio

ORIGINAL: TheBull350

$100 [X(]
I wish they were that cheap over here. They arn't actually out in the uk but apex models is predicting that they will be priced similar to the savage ones, £80 for 2 (roughly $130). We get ripped off over here. i think i might have to move to the usa, it'll be cheaper in the long run.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:44 PM
trippin_on_lst

lstman ???

TIA
Peace [8D]

This one is bent and the pin is gone...

my friends mip did the same thing. the pin fell out. he called mip and they called him and said that was strange. so they are sending him a new axle free of charge..
Old 11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Thanks, 2DMax!! will be making a phone call!!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:44 PM
smashn

Thanks, 2DMax!! will be making a phone call!!
let us know how that works out i am lookin at the mips after a few other up's! curious if they stand behind their product on a regular basis....
Old 11-22-2004, 10:06 PM
eye one

Just noticed a pin is missing on my stock axle too, it looks just like the pic above. It's like the pin just slid out on one side [sm=confused.gif]. Is this common when people report the axles breaking? (Truck still 6 tanks new to me) Please post on the Heavy Duty axles, hopefully they hold up strong.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Baja T-Maxx

I use to have a set of MIP's on my .26 T-Maxx hybrid and they ended up like pretzels after only a gallon of fuel, after that I switched to UE ones and they held up to all the abuse, I will wait to see if Robin at Unlimited Engineering may want to build a few for the LST's, he already did for the Savages, IMO this are the toughest CVD's on the market.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Yes, I have never had any problems with mine (UE).

They are were also $90+ a pair and made for the best selling monster truck platform of all time. I would think they would be even more expensive for LST and I would not spend my time waiting for UE to come out with anything right now (RazorBack).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21636.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	195888  
Old 11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: Baja T-Maxx

I use to have a set of MIP's on my .26 T-Maxx hybrid and they ended up like pretzels after only a gallon of fuel, after that I switched to UE ones and they held up to all the abuse, I will wait to see if Robin at Unlimited Engineering may want to build a few for the LST's, he already did for the Savages, IMO this are the toughest CVD's on the market.

I just emailed sales at UE and they told me that there were no immediate plans for LST parts
Old 11-23-2004, 03:29 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Left a message with MIPs. They called me back a short time later and are sending out a new driveshaft to me. They want me to send mine in but they will go ahead and ship the new one to me pronto. Excellent response from MIPs. Thanks trippin_on_lst, that was a excellent suggestion!! 2DMax!! happy
Old 11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
trippin_on_lst

Left a message with MIPs. They called me back a short time later and are sending out a new driveshaft to me. They want me to send mine in but they will go ahead and ship the new one to me pronto. Excellent response from MIPs. Thanks trippin_on_lst, that was a excellent suggestion!! 2DMax!! happy

you are most welcome...
Old 11-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Baja T-Maxx

Yes, I have never had any problems with mine (UE).

They are were also $90+ a pair and made for the best selling monster truck platform of all time. I would think they would be even more expensive for LST and I would not spend my time waiting for UE to come out with anything right now (RazorBack).
Yes, I know Robin has his hands tied up right know with the RazorBack, but hopefully if a lot of LST owners ask for the CV's, I am pretty sure he can spare some time, it will not be that different of the ones used for the T-Maxx, just a little longer, but untill then I will continue with the stockers, I may buy the MIP stock drive shafts if I keep breaking the stock ones, so far three in almost two gallons of fuel, but I would definetely pay 200 dlls for a set of CVD's I can install and forget about, but that will take some time I guess.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I will admit to sizing up my SuperMaxx CVDS, EXT (pair) 6mm Axle, Titanium when I broke my first axle, and I would consider buying them if he makes them. I have never broken a UE component and I have the CVDS,Gen 4 steering kit, UltraLite 7.5 8 spyder diffs, Super 6 Forward Only Conversion, and Titanium Center Driveshafts, all excellent stuff and for sale now.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Baja T-Maxx

Yea, same stuff I had on my Hybrid, already sold, if you want to sell those parts try getting some pics and posting on the buy/trade area of the UE forums, they will sell very fast if they are in good condition, that's where I got most of my items when I was building the Hybrid.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Baja T-Maxx

Yea, same stuff I had on my Hybrid, already sold, if you want to sell those parts try getting some pics and posting on the buy/trade area of the UE forums, they will sell very fast if they are in good condition, that's where I got most of my items when I was building the Hybrid.

You know my plan!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:51 AM
EG1

Maybe people should start putting some red locktite on both side of the pin/hole.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:45 PM
atthepitts

I have MIP complete dogbones in front. No problems from them yet. I have broken both chassis rails, motor brace, upper a-arm, stock cvd, and a turnbuckle rod all with the MIP installed. Good to hear about the customer service for when the time comes.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
scottyfusion
My Feedback: (1)

i dont want to put a damper on things but using stock cv's and mip axles wont work. the cups on on the oppisite sides. the losi cv's have the cup on the axle and the mip's have the cup on the cv. sorry. i hope i understood what u were saying and i dont look like a fool. i have a full set of mip's and have had no probs. the cost kinda hurt but its better than the headach of stock ones. also if you call bill at losi he will send u a complete set of stock cv's for free! just got mine in the mail today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.