Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

snow skiis?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:57 AM
lstman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow skiis?

hey guys. anyone know a site where i can find snow skiis for a stadium truck? i got my lst running perfect and to stop breaking, and i dont want to run it in the snow this year. im gonna park it in perfect running condition and work on this winter project. x-cellerator snowmobile. ive asked this same question in the stadium forum. just figured i would ask some people i know. any sites where they sell them would be cool. ive seen the videos of the snow rustler on rcpics. it looks like fun. i know i can get mine to go better than that one though. thanks for any help.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
tzque

Default RE: snow skiis?

I just picked up a used set of ski and paddle tires for my sons T-Maxx . I paid 40 bucks for the set . the guy I bought them from said the ski came from a RC plane and he modified them to fit onto his truck . I will have to disconnect the 4 wheel drive to make it work . I am going by my LHS today to get the specifics for you on making the ski fit .
He told me the key to the whole thing is the paddle tires though . They are what keeps the trucks riding on top of the snow
Old 11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
lstman

yeah, i already have those. and because its a stadium truck, its so incredibly light. that it doesnt take much to keep it ontop of the snow, and the underneath is totally flat. my truck has a .18 engine also, so the power going to the paddles is gonna be sweet. our machinist is havin a crack at making a custom set for me. by leaving the front tires right on the truck and strapping the skiis to them. it might be too heavy like that though. aluminum, but it still might be too much. the ones ive seen so far that go on the rustler are kinda thin. like 3/4of an inch wide. i would like them a bit wider. like 1 1/2inches wide. with 3 runners on each. one in the center and one on each outside edge for turning. i will post pics when i have a prototype. feedback on the design might help them to be really cool. if they come out like i want i may start selling a few of them.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
tzque

I didnt make it to the hobby shop but the ski I have fit unto the hex so I remove my tires .
Will you loose the front end lift if you keep the tires on ? i will try to get pictures monday so that they might assist you in designing yours .
Have a Happy turkey day
Old 11-24-2004, 10:08 AM
lstman

i would think with the tires on i would have plenty of lift. and the skiis are gonna be plenty wide so they wont sink all that easy. its all trial and error though, the first set is gonna be a mock-up. more flexible material to start.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

i made my own skis out of aluminum and they work great, and a very simple design. this is the rc10gt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93296.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	196195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22956.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	196196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37462.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	196197  
Old 11-24-2004, 10:43 AM
lstman

those chains work alright in the snow? have you tried the paddle tires on it?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:29 PM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

i need to make the chains tighter, they hit the shocks when they slide over, but they get very good traction.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:33 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

I really cant help you with your stadium triuck although I DID however email www.fullforcerc.com and they said that LST ski's are comin SOON Cant wait!!!!!