Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Oh the stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Phalloidin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh the stupidity

Well, in my efforts to show off the LST to my family members, I threw it in reverse and flipped it over where it slid 5 feet on the concrete, ripping out the antenna cover and fraying the antenna wire, almost right through. Its now sitting there where the antenna can't slide through the tubing.

So, I'm assuming I can open my receiver and replace the wire? Has anyone done this before? I can't beleive that I've just killed a receiver by chewing up the wire. I guess my worst-case solution is to send it in for repair, but it seems I should be able to do this myself.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: Oh the stupidity

ORIGINAL: Phalloidin

Well, in my efforts to show off the LST to my family members, I threw it in reverse and flipped it over where it slid 5 feet on the concrete, ripping out the antenna cover and fraying the antenna wire, almost right through. Its now sitting there where the antenna can't slide through the tubing.

So, I'm assuming I can open my receiver and replace the wire? Has anyone done this before? I can't beleive that I've just killed a receiver by chewing up the wire. I guess my worst-case solution is to send it in for repair, but it seems I should be able to do this myself.

Easy to replace the wire at the receiver if you've got a real fine tip iron and are confident in your skills.Another option is to simply splice the wire where it's broken with solder and heat shrink tubing but then you might not be able to get it through the tube I imagine
Old 11-25-2004, 03:34 PM
LST-UK

Just replace the wire with the same gauge (typically 24.) it also has to be the exactly the same length...
Old 11-25-2004, 07:40 PM
stebog

24 gauge wire (22, if you can't find 24) and 20 inches long.

I'm assuming you're still running the JR rx. Other brands sometimes have different lengths.

Sorry for you non-US guys, I don't have the conversions handy.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Phalloidin

My brother had an extra antenna wire (AM) that I used. I had to solder it in, but it was pretty easy work. Luckily he has an LST as well, so I can mimic the length of his antenna, because this one is definitely too long. Thanks for the replies! You helped save my Thanskgiving family bash!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:43 PM
bkmademedoit

why does it have to be EXACTLY the same length? wouldnt longer be better?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Phalloidin

As I understand it, your antenna length is actually tuned to the wavelength of the incoming signal. In this case, 75MHz.