Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

WASHER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:47 PM
davewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WASHER!!!!

well I just got my LST last weekend and have run 10 tanks threw it.the washer failed and locked the motor up on #10.what in the flying **** was losi thinking with this stupid assed setup?????????? this truck is the fastest best jumping nitro truck ever made but it seems they should have over engineered it like the savage because it has some realy stupid week parts all over it.I dont think any damage has been done to the motor it locked up at idle and all the metal shavings were down around the crank no marks on the piston or sleeve so I flushed the engine a few times and compresion feels 100%.I need the phone # to the man in charge of this project at team losi. who has it??for those of you thinking you dont need to remove this washer THINK AGAIN.get this stupid assed part off of your engine or it will fail.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:13 PM
smashn

Default RE: WASHER!!!!

OK settle down lol the number u are looking for is in the manual....just call horizon i believe.....if i am wrong someone will aim u in the right direction! I dont think team losi handles the enigine but i may be wrong. LOL only thing i havent had to call em about yet...but i did take washer out tho.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:50 PM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

You'll have to call Horizon about your motor, I've been through two already myself. They'll want you to ship your motor in and then they'll send you a new one. The new motor will probably have a pull-start pre-installed and the roto plate/bearing packaged seperate. I would recommend leaving the pull start on during break-in if not indefinately. I'm not sure if the motor/ps combo has this washer in it or not, personally I'd like horizon to keep replacing my motor periodically until they recognize the problem, if they haven't already.
As far as any other "stupid week" parts, I've been beating the heck out of my lst (#0000049) for quite some time now and have only broken two shock shafts and lost a couple of cvd shafts. What kinds of other problems are you having if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:37 AM
4wheelin

I agree, it is the best jumping truck out there. Man she flies............

edit...I'm a bit concerned.....had no washer but have alumin shavings in the exhaust port......

edit...Have (had) washer...did not notice it.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

what do u do to this washer ?do u replace it or just u just take it out and run it without washer?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 AM
4wheelin

take it out.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:14 PM
badboy2

where is it ?any pix where is it in the engine?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:30 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I have posted this several times. You can see where it goes on the pin at the end of the rod.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
badboy2

but if u take that out wont the piston pop out ?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:04 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The washer is much smaller than it appears in the picture. A very thin washer must have been added as shim, from what I have seen, it is not neccesary.