Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

replacment parts???????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:32 PM
davewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacment parts???????????

why is it taking so long to get replacment parts at the LHS???? I broke a front A arm this weekend and no one can tell me how long. they just say they are back ordered.if losi doesnt come up with some parts to fix my truck I will be selling it and getting the savage.this is total BS and losi needs to take hard long look at who they are affecting.the people buying the LST are the same guys racing the XXX buggy and trucks.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
smashn

Default RE: replacment parts???????????

LOL well i guess maybe they ought to send everyone who buys a lst replacement parts b4 they break then u guys who break stuff can have it and not whine when something does break! Do you really think if u buy a different truck it wont break or they wont occasionally have to back order parts????????? good luck with that......[sm=angry.gif]
Old 11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shortly after I bought my truck (quite a while back), I bought almost all the replacement parts my LHS had in stock. I bought 12 a-arms, 4 knuckles (spindles and carriers), 4 hexes, 4 axles, 8 cvds, and 2 sets of spur/pinion gears. I didn't know what would be the weak point, so I stocked up on a lot of parts. I still have almost all of it, short of a couple cvds and a few a-arms.

Maybe it's people like me that cause the back-orders.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

PART HOARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]
Old 11-29-2004, 09:26 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wadsie93

PART HOARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]

LOL! Sorry
Old 11-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Jayphred

Shame on you for having my replacement parts..............I hope your proud of yourself. If your LHS can't get them get them someplace else. Try Nitrohouse. There's a million online hobbyshops to choose from. Somebody will have them.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 PM
TheBull350

i've broke down and been ordering them from ebay.

the smart thing would've been for me to get my truck new and instead of running it, just parting the thing on ebay since i too am discruntled about the part's issue!

:-)
Old 11-29-2004, 10:42 PM
NitroBuster

You!! I can't believe you outbid me on those arms last night.. I bid such a rediculous amount! Turns out ok, I got another set for 15.50

Old 11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
davewing

well I went ahead and placed a 100.00 dollar order with nitrohouse.I realy hope they dont email me back 3 days from now saying sorry out of stock on the arms.I went ahead and ordered a shock tower,aluminum diff covers,a new header and seals,a set of turn buckles,new tank,body mounts,hub carriers,just incase.I realy love the performance of the LST and dont want to rag on losi for the slow parts support but lets kick it in gear and get this truck to the front of the pack. at the local track where I compete in elec stock buggy and truck they have nitro open practice on thur and sundays and this new monster truck racing is gaining real support and they will be having a points series this winter every sunday.I took the LST to the track on sunday and I cant beleive how well it handles out of the box.even the tires work realy well on the hard packed surface of our track.I consistently turn 16 lap times in stock buggy and truck but was managing 17 with the LST.the suspension is the biggest advantage along with the tranny.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 AM
icenutz

I put my LST full speed into a 8 inch curb the first day (actually it was the first day after getting my new engine via the washer issue). My right front tire went flying. I am very impatient so I found a HobbytownUSA that just got some in, still in the shipping box. So, 2 hours there and 2 hours back, my LST was back in business. I purchased 4 packs of arms and 2 packs of shock towers. I have not broke one since. I even posted the carnage on here and a Losi rep emailed my and told me to send them back and they then replaced them.

So, after reading Jfex’s post and mine, the moral of the story is: Buy extra parts and you will never need them, your LST will not brake.