Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

.28 or bigger...?? anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:20 PM
pitbullracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .28 or bigger...?? anyone??

while i was doing a search on ebay last night to pick up some parts that i broke yesterday (played "tag" w/concrete curb, and i lost) i kinda was just kinda using the ebay search engine.. and looking at big block engines...(dreamin')
i then started a search on LST forum to find if anyone has thrown in a .28 or bigger high- performance engine...kinda like an RB, Novarossi, or whatever...
my buggy has an RB (great motor)
i was just wondering if anyone has thrown in a bigger engine on their LST, and did you see a performance difference???
i like the Mach .26, and think it works well but......................
i was just wondering if any racers, or anyone else has picked up one of these??
Old 11-30-2004, 03:56 PM
stebog

Default RE: .28 or bigger...?? anyone??

I installed a Novarossi 528xsp which isn't as powerful as the 8 port 528xrp.

When I finally got a hold of some axles and was able to run it at the end of summer, I was initially disappointed. Since then, it's completely broken in and the Novarossi has tons of low end and screams pretty good on the high end.

In the end, my opinion is that I should have waited. The Mach 26 isn't bad at all, in fact it's a great engine, especially for the price. Good enough to make me almost regret forking out the money on the Novarossi.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:04 PM
pitbullracing

so steve...when you say "disapointed"...
and that it now has great low end and screams??
is it better than what you had w/the dynamite engine??
what do you mean...
was the power not that noticable...?
sorry for all the questions...it's just that engine your talking about rungs close to $200 on the bay...
so..in your opinion. does it have more than the mach.26??
thanks for the time.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:22 PM
LST2004

I know the Fantom .27 gives a little more low end punch, but not a noticeable difference.

I agree stebog, great engine, great price.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:24 PM
raykessler

i installed a RB .28, i have not yet had the chance to run it, becuase i am in the middle of repairs

do a search there was a whole thread about the Rb .28
Old 12-01-2004, 09:49 AM
stebog

The Novarossi is a great engine, they always are. However, the Dynamite is a great engine as well. It's good enough that I shouldn't have spent a penny until it died or lost compression. I don't regret buying the Novarossi, I DO regret not giving the Dynamite more of a chance.

pitbullracing - It is better than the Dynamite but it's not a quantum leap in performance. I recommend that if your Mach is still running, save your money.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:12 AM
4wheelin

Ya know, after i SEAlED IT UP.. I think it is a great engine. I would say the engine is a highlight of the truck. Compared to the 2.5 out of the box, the .26 is a much more reliable engine. The power is truly impressive....
now lets see how many gallons I get out of this thing. I tore it down twice and sealit up...looked fine...my other .26 is being rebuilt because of the washer thing......I might polish some ports up, but thats all I have planned.