Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Lst vs Picco 26 savage

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:00 AM
tzque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lst vs Picco 26 savage

I have read numerous threads in the past of how the LST beats the savage . I have not been able to keep both trucks running at the same time to make the comparison . Finally this weekend I got to run the trucks head to head . I will already concede that the LST is a better track runner Even with my savage low to the ground it just wont out handle the Lst . Racing : The Lst got me out of the hole everytime . Once both were full throttle I could catch the LST and get ahead of it . Finally Bashing : We didnt do anything to extreme but both trucks to my surprise were evenly matched .
Intially I use to bash the LST like every new owner now that all the problems have been worked out I can say this is a good truck . Everyone complains about the price . These two trucks were evenly matched . The biggest difference is that the LST is 599 + alot of growing pains and a great radio . My savage is ringing in around 1100 to 1200. When you look at is this way The LST is worth the money based on performance . If I put another 600.00 into my LST I dont think things will be even .
Old 12-06-2004, 09:16 AM
LST2004

Default RE: Lst vs Picco 26 savage

The LST is definitely a great buy especially if you don't already have a great radio. The radio is one of the reason I bought the LST, (kill two birds with one stone).

I raced a REVO with the Sirio .23 and I beat him 3 out of 5 times. They were both even from start to finish. If you look at the price difference, LST $600 & new REVO w/Sirio .23 well over $600.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:50 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

e Mach 26 is a great engine, a mach powered savage versus a Pico 26 savage, equal gearing the Mach is the more powerful faster engine..........the LST is a great truck.....
Old 12-06-2004, 04:00 PM
tzque

This is not to start a flame but more for a point of clarification . I was informed that the Mach 26 and The Mach 26 for the LST arent exactly the same motor . The LST Mach is made specifically for Horizon for the LST .This is a simliar technique used by HomeDepot . The items look like the same thing but arent exactly the same . Again I am not looking for flames just information .
I dont know one single person that has a Mach 26 savage that I could test your threory against . Most of the trucks in my area are Picco, Wasp and 24.7 .
I realize though that this is the LST section . So as my first thread said I am still impressed with the truck .
Old 12-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: tzque

This is not to start a flame but more for a point of clarification . I was informed that the Mach 26 and The Mach 26 for the LST arent exactly the same motor . The LST Mach is made specifically for Horizon for the LST .This is a simliar technique used by HomeDepot . The items look like the same thing but arent exactly the same . Again I am not looking for flames just information .
I dont know one single person that has a Mach 26 savage that I could test your threory against . Most of the trucks in my area are Picco, Wasp and 24.7 .
I realize though that this is the LST section . So as my first thread said I am still impressed with the truck .
Curious where you got your info because the mach .26 for the LST is the same as on the mayhem 1/8 buggy except for the carb according to folks who have purchased one.If true that sorta throws your bait and switch theory out the window with the bath water IMHo

regardless

Peace [8D]
Old 12-06-2004, 04:49 PM
supertib

they are the same engine..completely 100%...as well they are the same as a Spotworks 26, XTM 24/7 pro, SH 25 pro.....the only differences are the carbs in most cases...the XTM pro is the fastest of the bunch as far as i know it has the best carb.....they are great engines and have shadowed the Picos
Old 12-06-2004, 05:40 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

I have a buddy who has got the Dynamite 21 conversion for his T-Maxx which came with a mach 26 with a grey head. That Truck is VERY fast with all the stock gear ratio's. I generally beat him out of the hole (because he cant keep it straight LOL) but once they hit top speed he spanks me. I think the engine is a good one and I am thinking about getting it for my Savage. I dont know if they have done the "bait and switch" like Home Depot does ALL THE TIME but the 2 Machs I have seen are great!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 PM
4wheelin

If your talking about John Deere at Depot, they are real, just a previous chassis with upgraded deck. Its the real deal.

Yes, I come from a long JD family.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 AM
tzque

First I appreciate the mature responses to my question regarding the Mach 26 . I have one more . Why did the LST have so many problems with the 26 if there is no difference . I had to return my motor to Horizon. My LHS told me he didnt have any problems with the Mach 26 he sold seperately .My motor seized during the break in . If the response is because of "the washer " then these arent 100 % the same motors .
Old 12-07-2004, 08:44 AM
tzque

First I appreciate the mature responses to my question regarding the Mach 26 . I have one more . Why did the LST have so many problems with the 26 if there is no difference . I had to return my motor to Horizon. My LHS told me he didnt have any problems with the Mach 26 he sold seperately .My motor seized during the break in . If the response is because of "the washer " then these arent 100 % the same motors .
Old 12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Pinolelst

If the response is because of "the washer " then these arent 100 % the same motors .

My counter :A washer does not constitute a major change in design hence the engine is the same as it's only there for a buffer against the rotostart . I view "the washer" as part of the starting system rather than part of the engine
Old 12-07-2004, 11:14 AM
supertib

I also think alot of people buy a LST and run the truck without first tearing down and cleaning and re-sealing the engine.......this is why there was alot of problems, where most guys who upgrade another motor to a Mach 26 usually take the time to tear apart and clean the new engine before running it.....the Mach 26 has a bad reputation for having metal shavings from factory as well as airleaks and shredded carb o-rings.............but you LST guys figure its good to go right out of the box, which the Mach 26 definitly is not............i would never run any engine RTR or not without first a complete teardown, inspection, cleaning and sealing, i even rplace all the carb o-rings as well. and i have zero engine problems with any of my vehicles..............i have seen so many LST guys whining about having a hard time tuning the Mach, i laugh as the Mach is as easy to tune as your going to find, unless it has eaten metal filings or has a air-leak then its a *****..............anyways the performance between the LST mach and a upgrade Mach is going to be identical...........
Old 12-07-2004, 12:50 PM
fourwheeler

I can't remember which (RC Driver or RCCA ) but they asked Losi about the Mach and they said they had tweaked the needle design to enhance engine performance. I suppose this would apply to all Machs but I know that is what I read. I can look it up for you guys if you want a word by word.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 PM
rcblaze

There is a 5 port and a 7 port Mach26 check into it they do have 2 different models of that engine.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
jefx

If you remember back before the LST was available, Losi pushed the release date back for engine design tweaking. I was ahead of the curve for this truck compared to most, and had my pre-order in since last February, and was one of the first people in the country to own this truck. I followed every piece of info I could find for this truck before release.

Losi wasn't too impressed with the performance of the stock Mach .26 engine, so they tweaked it. Like fourwheeler said, the needle design of the LST's Mach .26's are different than the stock Mach .26's.

So yes, the LST mach .26's and the stock Dynamite Mach .26's are in fact different performing engines.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM
tzque

It is refreshing that you can have a thread with well thought out information and Debate without reducing ourselves to 4 graders . Jefx you got to my very point . These two motors couldnt possible be the same motors. They share the same name and pretty much the same profile but Horizon made the Mach 26 LST specific . Horizon tech department fixed my motor not the manufacturer of MAch 26. This is what made me initially feel that way
Old 12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
jefx

It is refreshing that you can have a thread with well thought out information and Debate without reducing ourselves to 4 graders .

This LST forum seems to me to be the most mature of all MT forums at RCU. I honestly think it has to do with the price of the truck, and the included equipment. Since it's more expensive, the people who own them understand the hobby aspect of the truck more, and there are a larger percentage of adults here. Most LST owners here appreciate the LST as a high performance vehicle for experienced enthusiasts, as opposed to other RTR's that are cheaper with lower grade components, and are closer to "toys".
Old 12-08-2004, 04:18 AM
AdzG

I'd agree with that.

Adz.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
rcblaze

Yup nail on the head .