Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

WildHobbies Bash Day

Old 12-11-2004, 09:04 PM
MGTfix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WildHobbies Bash Day

I had a great time today at the Wildhobbies Bash Fest and wanted to share some pictures and videos of the action with all my fellow LSTers, and mention that the last car running was the LST.

I own LST #210 and #521 and have most of the early parts on both of them including first run axles, dogbones and stock diff cases. I have also shown alot of pictures of my truck all clean and new looking, but have never had anybody to take video's or still shots of my LST in action until today. Take a look at the videos and still shots Kerry from WildHobbies took today at the Bash Fest of my LST in action, we were fortunate to have a ramp from the Monster Jam shows here on the West Coast, the ramp is real kicker and can shoot even a 12 pound MT 25 feet in the air, my 7.5 had the longest jump of the day somewhere between 55-60 feet with a friends triple 7 close behind that, the LST jumped somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 feet while completing two back flips and landing with the shinny side up. The day was a blast and after 4 tanks in the LST and to many launches off the jump to count (I only counted the back flips 4 doubles and 7 singles) the only part I broke was a rear upper arm sometime during the third tank, but it held up through another tank of fuel, I noticed it was broken after the third tank but was having so much fun I didn't want to stop to fix it. Of all the vehicles I own I am glad I took the LST, mostly because it is a blast to drive and also because most of the people there had not seen the LST in action yet, I think there will be a few more LST's out there next time.

I was talking to one of the other MT owners and he told me "That LST is as fast as a cat with acetone on his *****" I almost fell over laughing.

http://wildhobbies.com/news/default....articleid=1284
Old 12-11-2004, 09:24 PM
smashn

Default RE: WildHobbies Bash Day

That is a nice site and looks like a riot.....not quite as nice here in the artic tundra of south dakota tho.....makes me envy evn more those who live in nice places!!!!![][>:] lol o well spring is coming!!!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 09:29 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LST footage was definatly more impressive than the Savage footage.

In the vid of the double backflip, it sounded like the brakes did that "involuntary lock-up" thing that they sometimes do, just before landing.

Anyway, nice video! Let's see some more!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:52 PM
wicked LST

LST representing right there i tell ya!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:54 PM
MGTfix

I believe that noise you are talking about is the left front tire which came unglued on the outside bead and was hitting the body, it only made that noise while doubling and not durning the single backers, I am also running the Craddock brake discs so I no longer experience the brake lockup problem.

I am trying to get the rest of the footage from Kerry so we can see the not so pretty landings which I must have done because I have some roof scratches on my LST Racer body, which held up better than expected.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:13 AM
MGTfix

I found some other videos from early September at our old track. They were taken with a digital camera so they are 15 seconds long and not the best quaility, I hope to get a Video Camera for Christmaca.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=38009

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=38010

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=38011
Old 12-12-2004, 10:26 AM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

That looks like a fun day man. Nice DOUBLE