Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Electric LST??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 09:35 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric LST??

Will Losi make an electric LST? Is there anything wrong with my impressions of the T Vs E Maxx?

The E-Maxx can run anywhere while the the buzz/whine of the T-Maxx can make your neighbors whine louder. Also after a day of driving the T-Maxx will be coated with fuel/dirt/exhaust that can be all over the wires, electrics and chassis. This can be a mess to clean. The only real advantage to gas is slightly higher top speed (monster trucks are not top speed vehicles but off road thunder bums) and longer runtimes. But the electric has better torque and acceleration which is one of the funnest and most important aspects of speed. The new 3300 batteries extend the electric run times but after a set of batts the motors must cool for 3 - 6 minutes often under a fan where the T can just keep cruisin. Gas motors can also be finicky and add another layer of skill required for tuning, starting and problem solving etc.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:42 PM
hosaf150

Default RE: Electric LST??

no your impression isnt right, im my opinion nitros are WAY funner then electrics. No the fuel and dirt doesnt get all over the chassis. Nitros are funner then electrics when accelerating because electrics are really quite and just roll along, nitros you can here the power and feel the acceleration even though your not riding it.

just my $.02
Old 12-12-2004, 10:12 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

I highly doubt there will be an electric LST, this truck is just to big and heavy for electric.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

I highly doubt there will be an electric LST, this truck is just to big and heavy for electric.
Not. I'm in the middle of building a Brushless version ,you just have to think beyond the 7 cell packs you normally think of.I'm probably going with 20 cells +- or 6 cell lipos for fuel and a Plettenburg bigmaxximum for motor maybe one of the larger Lehner motors .There's already an E-LST a guy made with a E-Maxx tranny .If you search for "electric LST" here or "brushless LST" you'll find some posts regarding the subject.

btw that bigmaxximum motor on 20 cells will have a potential of about 2.5 HP with torque enough to probably twist the truck in half if I'm not careful.

But as far as the mfg'ers they will not come out with one because it probably appears too costly to the general masses
Old 12-12-2004, 10:41 PM
speed lives

Well i never said an electric LST coudlnt be made, i know people have already built them. I'm saying that losi isnt going to releace a electric LST because its to big and heavy and the topic of this thread is about if Losi is going to create one not if it can be done. Do you think Losi is gonna build an LST in mind that people are gonna use 20+ cells or lipos? No they would build it to hold 2 6 cell batterys, with that in mind they would rule out the idea of ever creating an electric LST. If they ever create an electric LST then i guess you could tell me wrong, but i am 100% sold that it will never happen.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

Well i never said an electric LST coudlnt be made, i know people have already built them. I'm saying that losi isnt going to releace a electric LST because its to big and heavy and the topic of this thread is about if Losi is going to create one not if it can be done. Do you think Losi is gonna build an LST in mind that people are gonna use 20+ cells or lipos? No they would build it to hold 2 6 cell batterys, with that in mind they would rule out the idea of ever creating an electric LST. If they ever create an electric LST then i guess you could tell me wrong, but i am 100% sold that it will never happen.
I was addressing your "too heavy" comment. Please read the very last line in my post and you'll see we agree on the mfg'er point so no need to defend your position.

Everyones so dam touchy the last couple days.Must be a full moon
Old 12-12-2004, 11:00 PM
speed lives

Well if you got the idea i was being touchy then i dunno what to tell you, i was just sitting in my chair laid back replying to your posts watching tv. I guess if you consider that touchy and if noone was so called touchy there wouldnt be many replies or much discussion on these forums cause you basicly are saying me disagreeing with you and stating my opinion on the thread was touchy.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:02 PM
speed lives

Lol i dont even know what mfg'er means so maybe thats why i didnt catch that last sentence.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:20 PM
schmacher

i emailed losi a picture of my electric lst and asked rich trujilo (?) if losi are going to make an electric lst....he replied back nice work and they have no plans to make an electric lst...so make your own and slap a brushless system in it and have fun.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: schmacher

i emailed losi a picture of my electric lst and asked rich trujilo (?) if losi are going to make an electric lst....he replied back nice work and they have no plans to make an electric lst...so make your own and slap a brushless system in it and have fun.
There he is !! Did you ever put different motors in that thing ??
Old 12-13-2004, 06:29 PM
schmacher

i still have the 17's in in....but i have a novak hv-maxx on order this thing will be a mean little motor scooter when it's in there.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:34 PM
rcaddict83

I wanna see pics of this so called Electrified LST
Old 12-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: rcaddict83

I wanna see pics of this so called Electrified LST
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...304275#2304275