Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I got my new truck

Old 12-14-2004, 08:41 AM
VTXRaider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my new truck

It came yesterday and had the correct radio, my truck number is now 8219. The JR Radio is by far the best radio I have ever had, I have always used the stock ones that came with the other trucks. I have read the entire manual and am a little confused with all of the possible settings. Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings, I will be bashing. I would imagine the epa should be 100% for all servos but would like your input. Any other settings I should be aware of?

Thanks
VTXRaider
Old 12-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Sao

Default RE: I got my new truck

The radio should already be pre-set up for your truck, mine was, didnt need to adjust any endpoints or anything, even the steering was in trim!!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:24 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: VTXRaider

It came yesterday and had the correct radio, my truck number is now 8219. The JR Radio is by far the best radio I have ever had, I have always used the stock ones that came with the other trucks. I have read the entire manual and am a little confused with all of the possible settings. Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings, I will be bashing. I would imagine the epa should be 100% for all servos but would like your input. Any other settings I should be aware of?

Thanks
VTXRaider
I had to make some minor adjustments out of the box. It has so many functions, it can get confusing! Just start with the basics, do what needs to be done. Look through the manual and follow it step-by-step for whatever adjustment you need to make. Start with the servo endpoints for the steering, and possibly the Throttle Dead Band. Then just drive the truck.

After you are familiar with the handling charichteristics and layout of the truck, decide what could be improved adjustment wise. You can then set up some dual rate action or dial out some brake if needed.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
brushless

The menu on the JR XS3 radios is not very user friendly. It's much harder to navigate and change settings on the JR compared to my Airtronics MX-3S. I just bought the synthesized version of the MX-3 and sold the JR on Ebay. Plus, the JR radio was bigger and not as balanced as the Airtronics. It made my wrist hurt after a while.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:34 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: brushless

It made my wrist hurt after a while.

Huh?
Old 12-14-2004, 03:13 PM
brushless

Huh?