Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

It lives but it fought me tooth and nail

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:56 PM
SCHLEPP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It lives but it fought me tooth and nail

I went to remove the washer from my new LST and two of the screws for the spin starter cover broke off, I had heated them up a little with the soldering iron to release the loctite but no dice-SNAP- just as easy as could be, what cheap hardware! So, made a trip to the hardware store and got some 4-40 stainless allen bolts and drilled the broken screws out and tapped all 4 holes to 4-40. Removed the washer,reinstalled the engine, added the two battery packs I got from Just Batteries, had to recenter the throttle servo to get it working right but then the moment of truth! It runs!!! I ran three tanks thru it running circles around the cul-de-sac in the dark, couldn't really see much smoke but it sure seemed pig rich and blubbery, and it left oil patches on my sidewalk where I fired it up so I guess its getting plenty of oil. I used some special synthetic oil for after run oil, I guess that any lube will work thats thicker than wd-40, oh yeah and I broke the rear bulkheads on my E-Maxx today when it did a wicked tumble thru the front yard at the top of second gear but they're cheap so it could've been worse. How many tanks before I can let this LST eat? I also want to know if the NEW ERA wheelie bar is effective? or are there other options? Sorry for rambling but I'm stoked. Thanks for any advice. Greg