Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

HOP UPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 PM
SUTblue2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOP UPS

O.K everybody I know that this has been done but you guys only gave half answers to previous posts I dont care about breakages its the only truck for me and I want to make it as hassle free as possible.

So what needs upgrading straight off and which hop ups will greatly lower weight , increase performance or make life generally easier?

1. Ally Diff cases £8.53 x 2 = £17.6

2. Take out the washer I will do that after break in incase there are any REAL problems with the engine.

3. I wont buy MIP hd CVD's as I would rather buy 1 set of spares and when the first set brake take those out while losi replace them kinda like blockbuster.

What else is there ? and please give me prices as well as places to get them? (not just the yanks as I am tired of converting to pounds and then adding a tenner )

Thanks everyone maybye someone could pin this up as I know it will come up again and this should be the very LAST time!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 PM
LST-UK

Default RE: HOP UPS

Get some savage clutch springs and a set of arms for your spares box, then your be reading to roll....

Is Santa bringing you this LST....?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

Gear cover $15 USD on ebay although I think there is a cheaper one.
Crazy Nut Racing Brake kit $20 USD
Spare gears $12.00 USD
Titanuim Shock shafts $35 USD
Threaded bodies $60 USD (not needed but they give alot more adjustment)
Battery pack $15-$20 USD
Savage Springs and shoes $15 USD

Cant help on the money coversion. Im just not that smert
Old 12-25-2004, 12:21 PM
boogerdan

I would recommend the MIP axles. I have purchased three sets and I have only broken one of the six axles. They are tougher, and I the LST's for emergencies. I would agree to stay away from the CVD's, too much $$$ for what they are giving you.

Get the cracy nut brakes they are lighter and very efficient.

If you are racing have you gone to the proline bow ties. This is a must. Lighter and better bite and Control. Proline also has a new wheel and Hub set up that will greatly reduce the center of the wheel hubs from breaking. Santa gave me the wheels, tires, and trinity 3 stage foams, but the hub for the LST are still on back back order. 23 mm hubs, similar to 8th scale.

Changing the spings is a must, I have upgraded to the OFNA #10100 E-10 polished. Took a little transmitter adjusting for the different grab, but I now have a gallon and 1/2 on these springs.

These are just some of what I have done so I race and beat the ligher revos, plus if the get in the way we still have about 3 pounds on them.

Good luck, and let us know what other items you find to lighten and improve performance.