Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Hexes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 PM
PeteOz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hexes

I am a victim of my own neglect....well actually, my LST is a victim of my neglect. I have totally ruined a hex by not keeping the wheel nut tight [:@] Has anyone replaced theirs with Alumium ones? Where did you get them, and how are they wearing? Unfortunalety, the stripped hex, also ruined the wheel. (Good thing I have Meats on Pentos on the way!) I am thinking once I replace the plastic hexes, there might be a way to glue/bond a new hex into the stripped out wheel and still be able to use it... Any ideas?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: Hexes

I've heard that you can use super glue or epoxy to glue a new hex in place.I'd lean towards epoxy myself as it's not as brittle
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 PM
XrayRacer

http://crazynutracing.com/product_in...roducts_id=356
Old 12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
OZ LST

I got my Losi alloy ones from model flight in adelaide, only $20-30, very good quality. They work fine with my meats, now i snap drive pins instead [>:]
Old 12-23-2004, 08:53 AM
4wheelin

New Era are exact replicas of the stock....36.00.....Very nice and work well with the large tires...has "lip" like stock ones
Old 12-23-2004, 09:03 AM
78Bronco

Like LSTCrAzY said - Crazy Nut Racing, $15. Great product and the best price around.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
PeteOz

Thanks Guys, all very good information

Sometimes I really wish I was living back in USA, well, only for the infinite amount of products and services on offer. Sometimes it's actually hard to spend money here in AUS. Like right now...I am desperate to spend money on Driveshafts, and there are NONE available to me here .....so I have to spend $100 US plus shipping to get some MIPs from USA, and wait a week for them.

I'll be ordering some alloy ones from my local supplier (I forgot that Losi makes them as an aftermarket item) and putting in new set of plasitcs until they arrive.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:48 AM
PeteOz

No hexes to be found in Canberra...for ANY trucks... I fixed the problem temorarily by drinllinh 4 holes thru the hex from the back side, counter sinkinf the holes and running tiny screws in the wheels. Just need hexes for the new MEATS and Pentos when they show up now.