Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

onlybatteries.com wires too short?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 09:54 AM
RedLST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default onlybatteries.com wires too short?

I ordered the rechagable 5 cell pack for under the gas tank and it's too short. I cut the wires and resoldered and now they run out before I can get the truck started up to do breakin. Also the throttle linkage coming from the servo doesn't ever move. Is the throttle servo problem just a radio setup issue or is it battery related?

Joe
Old 12-27-2004, 12:48 PM
RedLST

Default RE: onlybatteries.com wires too short?

BTW...it's the hump pack....ne1 installed these b4 without problem?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Pinolelst

Are you sure you have a complete charge??A fully charged 5 cell pack should give you around 6 tanks of fuel before quitting on you.Most have gone to dual pack set ups ...one under the tank and one in the holder under the chassis. A servo problem can be battery related (not enough juice to move it) or maybe it's come unplugged or in the wrong slot?? so many things could be the source of the problem.Are the wires shorting anywhere on the chassis or even against each other??
Old 12-27-2004, 01:01 PM
RedLST

It's plugged in the same place that the old stock 4 AA pack was plugged into. I double and tripel checked the connections. Which are you talking about being in the wrong slot...on the receiver? Channel 1 is steering servos, 2 is throttle/brake, 3 is tranny. That correct? They don't explain the radio setup worth a crap in either manual and i've never used a digital radio.

Joe
Old 12-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Pinolelst

Yes I was talking about the receiver.Sometimes while fidgeting around with our trucks we (well OK ..."I") forget to plug things back in fully or at all The radio comes preset from the factory and unless you've been mucking about with it I don't believe I've seen a post here about it being programmed wrong from the factory.
Did you fully charge the pack ?? Can you do a voltage check with an ammeter and post what voltage your pack is.As a matter of fact if you can turn on your switch on the truck and try to move the steering servos then right after you do that (put a load on the battery) quickly unplug it and check the voltage or even better test the voltage while it's still hooked up if you can (shave some of the insulation away from the wires don't forget to close them back up or insert pins through the insulation or into the connector whatever)
Old 12-27-2004, 02:26 PM
RedLST

Yes I fully charged it with my Duratrax Intellipeak. If I remember correctly I charged it on 1 amp and removed the charged when it went to slow charge. Should the servos be able to fully turn the tires when it's sitting still...it can't. After a couple minutes it can barely even move the tires at all and then it acts like the pack is dead.

Joe
Old 12-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Pinolelst

No your servo saver will not allow the wheels to go full lock while it's just sitting there .Pick it up off the ground and they should move much more freely.I still think it's your pack not being fully charged or there's a short to the chassis somewhere. These things are too damned hard to troubleshoot over the internet[:@]
Old 12-28-2004, 11:34 AM
fsd350

I've had good success with my packs from only batteries dot com. I slow charged them at 100mah for their first charge and now peak charge them. My servo saver for throttle/ brake was sticking and I couldn't seem to free it up after removing some material so Bill at Losi is sending me a new one. As for the radio, read the manual and you will find all your servo throws are adjustable in all directions, it's an awesome feature! [8D]
Old 12-28-2004, 12:57 PM
RedLST

What number did you call....the Horizon Hobby number?

Joe