Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

wheel problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Nippy_Kangaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel problems

One of the wheels on my LST doesnt turn when i apply throttle but it spins freely when turn it by hand, I think it has something to do with a part on the wheel itself because if I hold the wheel hex bolt with wrench I can still spin the tyre with my hand but cannot do this with the other tyres.
Going on the info above do you think something has come loose that needs tightening or replacing and what's the part called that i need? (I'm not up on all the parts of the truck yet)

As everyone probably knows by now... I was reluctant to take the truck apart coz i was worried about putting it back together but, now I have a good set of hex drivers and have opened the engine up and replaced the clutch shoes/springs I'm kinda getting to like it, I am still some way off until I get competent enough to stop posting "how to" questions on here and start giving back to the community.. so please forgive me in advance for all the problems posts I will be posting.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Pinolelst

Default RE: wheel problems

Sounds like your axle has a problem. A sheared pin at either end of the dogbone is the likely culprit
Old 12-28-2004, 04:29 PM
SUTblue2

nipy kangaroo how long have you been into the RC or owned a nitro RC truck anyway? I am 6 months in and have taken out everything at some stage but never eveything. My bro is scared to do anything with the engine and moves those fears to me so I was just wondering.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:09 PM
PeteOz

If teh wheel spins freely when you hold teh driveshaft, and isn't falling off, then your problem can only be one of two things. Stripped out hex and wheel (happened to me from not keeping the wheel nuts tight enough) or the drive pin. Take the wheel nut off and pull the wheel, you know soon enough if the hex is stripped. If the hex is fine, pull it off and look at teh drive pin. One of these is definitely causing the problem.

Part #'s are Wheel hexes and Drive pin set B3508 You might think of upgrading to Alluminum hexes as well... Part #B3509 if you buy Losi hexes