Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Standard Hub Size?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Ozzy Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Standard Hub Size?

Hi Guys

I'm new to these things with wheels usually play with rotors. Can you guys tell me the standard hub size of the LST as I want to get new set of wheels and tires and need to know what to ask for.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 AM
rokonwilly

Default RE: LST Standard Hub Size?

stock hub is 14mm. hex, can also be converted to 23mm hex
Old 01-07-2005, 12:30 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 14mm hex (for LST) is the same size used for the Savage, Tmaxx, MGT, and TNX. Any wheels for any of these trucks should also fit the LST.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:37 AM
PeteOz

ORIGINAL: Ozzy Pilot

Hi Guys

I'm new to these things with wheels usually play with rotors. Can you guys tell me the standard hub size of the LST as I want to get new set of wheels and tires and need to know what to ask for.

Thanks
These wheels and tyres are a very nice price:

http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/145530.asp

I have a set (as do a lot of others here at RCU) and they are huge! 2 people that have posted here have broken a wheel, but keep in mind that a lot of people here drive these trucks HARD! I have them on for driving araound the neighbourhood and street ripping (the neighbours love it!) but put teh stockers back on if I am going for big air...I think theye are stronger, and I KNOW they are lighter ( by almost a pound in total frot he 4)

PM me if you have any questions about these wheels or anything else Losi/AUS combined..I have had a bit of ecperience with shiiping things and sourcing them here in Oz
Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if the stock wheels are stronger or not than the XTMs. I think it has more to do with the sidewall profile. The stock wheels are smaller in dia., and the tires have more sidewall, which results in more "cushion" when landing big air.

The Meats are lower profile and don't provide as much "cushion" when landing, which means the wheels take more stress.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
PeteOz

ORIGINAL: jefx

I don't know if the stock wheels are stronger or not than the XTMs. I think it has more to do with the sidewall profile. The stock wheels are smaller in dia., and the tires have more sidewall, which results in more "cushion" when landing big air.

The Meats are lower profile and don't provide as much "cushion" when landing, which means the wheels take more stress.
I agree. There will also be a LOT more sideways stress on them. if the wheels are taller and the sidewalls are shorter, then there is a LOT more stress on the wheel nut when the the truck is sliding or bouncing sideways and teh bottom of the wheel hits something.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:46 PM
NYCrewF150

JEFX: What do you think of the Pentos/meats combination for race condions as opposed to Bow Tie 40's on the LST. What would you expect the performace difference would be between the two setups? Do you think the Pentos/meats would work at all under race conditions on hard pack dirt surfaces?
Thanks
NYCREW
Old 01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Pinolelst

There's a big weight difference and also diameter is much smaller for the bow ties.Check out my thread for the weights