Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

First day out bashing today. And first repair required.

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

First day out bashing today. And first repair required.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
ResB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First day out bashing today. And first repair required.

First time out bashing today. Got the truck a little dirty too. and....I did a few summersault's too which ripped the body clips through the bodyshell at the rear. My first repair as caused by me. Although I'll repair it for now, where can I get the LST pre-painted bodyshell from in the UK. Ref:LOSB 8001 I cannot find it anywhere.

[edit]

Oh, I forgot to mention it. I guess it's okay to ridicule other MT makes in this forum so I will. The LST absolutely wiped the floor with the Savage25 today. Significantly quicker. Oh, I should mention my Bro wrecked the spur gear on the Savage too, so the fun was short lived.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Tim29

Default RE: First day out bashing today. And first repair required.

The prepainted shell is not availiable in the UK, neither is a clear one.

Why does your shell look gold in your avatar?

Tim
Old 01-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Nippy_Kangaroo

you can get a Lst clear bodyshell AB8003 from microtech racing for £31.20 (they have 1 in stock) which includes shell, stickers and masks.
I havent seen any pre-painted one's around though

::::::UPDATE::::::

DMS racing website has blue and red pre-painted shells listed on their website for £54.99
http://www.dms-racing.com
Old 01-09-2005, 03:38 PM
ResB

ORIGINAL: Tim29

The prepainted shell is not availiable in the UK, neither is a clear one.

Why does your shell look gold in your avatar?

Tim
Cos I Photochoped it.

ORIGINAL: Nippy_Kangaroo

you can get a Lst clear bodyshell AB8003 from microtech racing for £31.20 (they have 1 in stock) which includes shell, stickers and masks.
I havent seen any pre-painted one's around though
Thanks for that. I did see the clear sheel at Microtech, but didn't know the red/blue shells were not available in the UK. [&o]
Old 01-09-2005, 04:02 PM
TorqueFest

ResB, I've got a mate who's picking up his new LST the middle of next week. I know he's also ordered a different body shell and does not intend to use the stock one. I'm sure he'd let you have it and the sticker sheet for a load less than £54.99. PM me if your interested and I'll sort something out.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:34 PM
swolrath

try ebay, all a much beter price. just type in lst and click world wide.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:07 PM
LST-UK

£54.......[X(] i got a painted stock one on ebay for £25.

Put some Gafa tape on the inside of the body around the mounting holes and the rear. Your body will last longer.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62651.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	212808  
Old 01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
kevinb456

the stock body is really weak. now that you have broken it, buy a different one!!

there are several options:

proline crowd pleazer 2
proline ford f-150
proline hummer SUT
Losi Racer Body

some others, but those are the main ones.

we can help you in deciding (eg pics of those above etc) but for gods sake dont replace it with the stock body. you trashed it after 1 day of bashing - its weak!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Bungleaio

why do u want a stock body? they are weak so they don't last long. I'm sure someone could paint a proline one up for you for around £50 if u don't want to paint yourself.

check out [link=http://www.zielkeracing.com/]This guy[/link], I had a body shipped over to the uk. His painting is top notch.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Katoom

My first bash I broke the upper and lower A arms. Def was my fault. Then like 8 tanks I broke the shock shaft in half, it flipped a few hard times and also broke the body. 12 tanks later the washer dispeared and motor seized. I love the LST, but damn the motor part just made me feel[&o]
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Pinolelst

The stock body is probably lighter than any of the other choices.Even the "racer" body is thicker plastic from what I've read here.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:42 PM
ResB

TorqueFest - Could be interesting. But depends on how much your m8 wants for it. (Has to be Blue though)

swolrath - Just tried ebay. Only 1 Red available but was worth a look.

LST-UK - £54.99. I know, thats a bit steep int it? I've just spent this evening reinforcing the shell with a self adhesive steel tape, with some acetone washers. Too late though as the damage has been done and it looks a little untidy.

kevinb456 - Thanks for the other options. I'm going to research them now. If you could post a few pics that would be helpful for sure. I really do like the shape and style of the LST standard shell, thats why I wanted a replacement. I notice to live in York. I live just down the road from you.

Bungleaio - Is it me or is £50 a lot for a new shell. I appreciate it will be a one off which does appeal to me if I'm honest. I'll check out the link now. Thanks. The shell is weak though.

Katoom - Proper bashing. Makes my day seem sedate. I'm trying not to think about the washer issue. I can't understand why it's there is it causes all these problems. Did LOSI actually test the LST before releasing thats what I want to know.

Pinolelst - With the Roll Bar now fitted and dual battery packs this LST weighs more than me nearly.

Thanks for your time everyone. This new hobby is excellent fun.

[edit]

Sp.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:39 AM
Sao

The stock painted bodies are indeed available from DMS they had one red and one blue last time i asked.

I got the crowd pleaser 2 shell and its now just as trashed as the stock shell from one days bashing[&o] Mind you i was trying backflips so didnt exactly treat it gentle
Old 01-10-2005, 10:47 AM
ResB

A few lads at works were considering buying a Nitro truck and asked me to bring it in today. Anyway, we cracked her open at lunchtime on an open playing field. Chased birds (feathered variety) and stuff, then decided to impress them with some huge air.

Well, lets just say it wan't huge, but it did rip the shell off the back mounts again, even after reinforcing with metal tape and acetate washers. I Need to see if there are larger body clips that will fit and perhaps glue some metal washers on the inside instead.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:51 AM
RC_UK

im pretty certain i seen a pre painted stock lst shell in microtech last time i was in there , give em a ring.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:45 PM
ResB

ORIGINAL: RC_UK

im pretty certain i seen a pre painted stock lst shell in microtech last time i was in there , give em a ring.
I'll do that. Since the internet I have forgotten how to use the phone. hehe...
Old 01-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Nippy_Kangaroo

ORIGINAL: Bungleaio

why do u want a stock body? they are weak so they don't last long. I'm sure someone could paint a proline one up for you for around £50 if u don't want to paint yourself.

check out [link=http://www.zielkeracing.com/]This guy[/link], I had a body shipped over to the uk. His painting is top notch.
just followed the link and noticed that he is US based... How much did you have to pay to ship to UK incl tax and stuff??

Btw.. love your custom painted body shell, I always thought you painted it yourself
Old 01-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Bungleaio

ORIGINAL: ResB

[Bungleaio - Is it me or is £50 a lot for a new shell. I appreciate it will be a one off which does appeal to me if I'm honest. I'll check out the link now. Thanks. The shell is weak though.
I only got a custom one for my lst for when it's sitting at home, which it does most of the time. I can't paint to save my life so i bought one that had been done well. It cost me about £85 ($150) which is a lot of money but it certainly looks the business.

For bashing tho I'm just going to wait till the stock body is completly battered and get a thicker shell and simply spray it up myself

This is where my lst sits, i spend ages just staring at it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41273.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	213201