Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

FINALLY...heard it shift to second!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
saifullah21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY...heard it shift to second!

well it took a while, about 8 tanks and some adjusting of the springs in the 2nd gear shoes, but at long last, i hit 2nd gear. The deep satisfaction that i felt was something i had to share with you guys. BTW, when adjusting the screws in the clutch shoes, make sure that the springs haven't back out over the screws' heads. The mach .26 performs great! How long did it take you guys before you hit 2nd?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:35 PM
RC_UK

Default RE: FINALLY...heard it shift to second!

Yea its always good when you hear it hit second for the 1st time, you know everythings working ok.
I hit second on about the 5 tank when I started giving a few full blips, funny mine didnt need adjusting at all to hit second.
oh and just after i started hitting second both the dog bones on the front (pins on the diff side) snapped!on flat land too! they have been sent off to see if i can get replacements, fingers crossed.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
RabidRacer

yes... the sweet sweet sound of second gear....you must be preety proud
Old 01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
fourwheeler

And if you listen carefully you can hear the truck shift to second and in the background the angels sing
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was set fine from the factory. It shifted as soon as I started leaning it out, maybe tank 5 or 6.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Hulkster

Same here, leaned it out during the 6th tank and heard the beast shift into second. A short time later I handed the control to my buddy and told him to "Give it a try" and "KAPOW" into a steel pole at 30+ mph. Broke the upper and lower A arms on the right side, front bulkhead and shock tower. The next day he ordered a complete New Era set up for the truck (Alum A arms upper and lower, shock towers front and rear and bulkheads front and rear). I should let him drive more often
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 AM
mrdakota
My Feedback: (29)

Can I get him to drive mine?
Still haven't heard mine shift on low range.

Keith
traveling in Dallas TX area till the end of the week.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
hoverlover9797
My Feedback: (3)

usadragon, When you get it running again you should show your buddy that the thig had reverse too! Maybe he would hit something in reverse and you would get some upgrades in the hind quarters!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Sao

Hmm i heard mine shifting into second by the third tank, guess my idea of gentle isnt the same as everyone elses[sm=redface.gif]

Recently it sounded like the slipper was too loose as in second gear the truck would seem gutless, rev loads but no power being layed down.

I stripped the clutch apart for the second gear and grease from the bearings had been chucked out onto the shoes, cleaned it off and all was well. Shifts again and no more slipping
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM
hoverlover9797
My Feedback: (3)

MrDakota, I go to Dallas and Houston from time to time. Are you able to take your LST with ya? We could meet up and break a few parts? My next trip to Dallas is Jan 27th 28th.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Nitro Goose

It's not just the sound it makes when going into 2nd....I also like how mine squats back a little more on it's hindquarters. In fact, in the early days of owning this truck, that's how I knew it was shifting for sure. The engine's so strong that the change in pitch was really subtle.