Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Katoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

My LST makes this horrible sound that sounds like its cracking. It only happens when I move it back and forth, and when its accelerating. And Im not sure under braking, simply becuz my brakes arent working[&o] Also, since my damn Mach blew, I mounted the Force.25 in er. It simply doesnt cut it for me. I was thinking about the .46 conversion from new era. Anyone got the kit or seen it? and info on either topic is much appreciated[:-]
Old 01-19-2005, 03:51 AM
AdzG

Default RE: A few questions

I see in your signature you mention a replaced diff case. Did you replace both diff cases? With aluminium?

If you only replaced 1 diff case then the chances are your other diff case has now cracked.

That cracking noise is the the diff gears skipping in the cracked case. Have you noticed any shift in the power balance between front and rear during hard acceleration?

If you have replaced both diff cases/ sure you dont have a cracked diff case then the above is not applicable!!

The problem could be with your transmission, but since I haven't stripped down my tranny case yet I am not sure what that problem could be.

There are plenty of people on this forum who are far more experienced with LST problem diagnosis/ repair than myself, I am sure someone will help you out.

Hope you get it sorted,

Adz.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:55 AM
AdzG

Default RE: A few questions

Doh!

Just re-read your post, your signature doesn't refer to a new diff case for your LST.

Ignore the bit about you having replaced only 1 diff case....... the rest still applies though and I would put a bet on you having at least 1 cracked diff case in there.

Adz.