Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Damn trees

Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 PM
smashn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn trees

I had the greatest time tonight bashed for about 2 and a half hours we had ice and snow today just enough to skim the asphalt...Wow since my last good bash i have put on the new hpi clutch and the yellow springs i can not beleive the handing and the punch this thing has aquired! I came to realize when u guys said that those trees jump right in front of you, you werent kidding! Here are some pics i got from tonights carnage!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15739.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	221988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93644.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	221989  
Old 01-28-2005, 10:58 PM
LSTGUY

Default RE: Damn trees

Nice job! haha Those pesky curbs come out of nowhere when it is icy out too......
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 PM
th67ss
My Feedback: (1)

I hate those jumping trees

Damage doesn't look to bad from the pictures.

.....Tom
Old 01-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Russian LST

Ohhh... fu..ing curbs! My lever was demaged but I not put out. About 2 hrs and my Lst go on the warpath again!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18049.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	222077  
Old 01-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Was that a beer bottle in that 2nd picture? I was DUI while running the old savage one day....SHEEEEESH....curb did about the same damage, that and busted that junk cast head. Its amazing how trees n curbs jump from nowhere when you decide to run your truck while drinking, lol
Old 01-29-2005, 05:33 AM
ResB

Question for ya?

Do you let ya mates bash with your truck? I let one of my mates have a go last weekend and within 2 to 3 minutes he had introduced the truck to a jumping brick wall and snapped an a-arm. It was okay as I have spares but my mate felt really bad. Do you guys freely let others bash with your truck or do you just let them watch?

Oh, 10 minites and she'll be up and running again. Have you threatened the tree with decapitation if it does it again?
Old 01-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

They watch now. That same truck (savage), I let a friend of the daughter run..wide open, thru gravel, under a brand new Pontiac Gran Prix..(that sick sound off WAAAAAAAAAAA BAPPPPPP!!!)
2 busted shocks, and the embarresment of the cars alarm system drawing everyones at a time when everyone on the block was complaining of the noise of the truck.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:30 AM
BLKHWK

I let my wife drive mine @ the Local Hobby Track and at full speed 2nd gear WHAAMM!!! Into the wall. OOOUUUUCCHHH!!

It worked out in my favor had some leverage for awhile
Old 01-29-2005, 11:50 AM
BTXpress

Russian,

That is some repair work!!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:42 PM
kevinb456

ORIGINAL: ResB

Question for ya?

Do you let ya mates bash with your truck? I let one of my mates have a go last weekend and within 2 to 3 minutes he had introduced the truck to a jumping brick wall and snapped an a-arm. It was okay as I have spares but my mate felt really bad. Do you guys freely let others bash with your truck or do you just let them watch?

Oh, 10 minites and she'll be up and running again. Have you threatened the tree with decapitation if it does it again?
yeah i let my mates bash with my truck... se my new thread entitled 'mach .26 conrod through the crankcase...' and youll understand why i am now no longer gonna do that!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
ResB

ORIGINAL: kevinb456

ORIGINAL: ResB

Question for ya?

yeah i let my mates bash with my truck... se my new thread entitled 'mach .26 conrod through the crankcase...' and youll understand why i am now no longer gonna do that!!!
LOL Gunna read it now....
Old 01-29-2005, 02:44 PM
AdzG

I always let my mates have a go with my truck. They always feel disappointed cos their savages/ revos cant compete with the LST. Gotta give em something to smile about, right??

Adz.

P.s. Having said that, if one of them broke my truck he wouldn't be getting another go!!

Old 01-29-2005, 07:08 PM
smashn

I will let em run it if they havent run nitro b4 just to let them see how great the truck is!!! It is in fact how i got into it although it was a trashmaxx but all the same it ran good for what it was!!!If they are seasoned and i know they own a revo or savage i wont because they know if they break mine they have a chance in hell of winning LOL!!!! [sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 AM
wal

Someone should blow trees up, only kidding.

It’s hard to pick the damage with these trucks, I was running mine in and it got away from me. It only ran about 4 meters and hit my front gate, the truck just stopped. I put it in reverse and backed away from the gate only to see bits of shock absorber on the grass, I had broken a shock shaft.

A couple of days later I was doing some road testing and zigged when I should of zagged and hit a 3 inch plastic pipe full of concrete at nearly full throttle. The truck bounced about three feet into the air spun around twice and landed on its top. I put it back on its wheels did a quick suspension check off she went. The next day I purchased a sway bar set for the truck, when I went to install it I noticed that it was missing a section of the lower suspension arm.

Fortunately my local hobby shop is well stocked with spares and it doesn’t take long to get back on the road, one thing I have done is order the proper Losi tools, that silly little allen key set you get with the truck just won’t fit correctly in my big hands.

They are tough but not unbreakable.

Have a great day.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
snortonLSTrules

So why blow trees up and be mad at them. If you guys would look at the picture you can obviously see that he was drinking. LOL So don't blame your impairment of being drunk and not being able to drive on the poor innocent trees.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
captanabolic

When you let someone else drive it, say your freind, wife girlfreind whatever I set up the throttle epa so they can't go as fast!!! LOL
Old 02-02-2005, 04:54 PM
SCHLEPP

I let my kids drive my E-maxx but not my LST. The E-maxx has had its share of bad wrecks but its not so bad at the slower speeds. First time I let my friend drive the E he clobbered himself in the ankle. My youngest daughter ran the E into her ankles and knocked her legs out from under her. Imagine how much worse it would've been with an LST at full tilt!!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
kevinb456

the LSt would kill a little kid at full throttle! its damn heavy and moves damn fast, even to a full grown adult it would do serious injury.

i actually rant eh LST into my own leg, yes it was hilarious, but only the wet grass saved me. as the car hit my legs, i just slipped cos the grass was wet. if i had actually had firm grip, then im sure it would have broken or bruised something.[&:]
Old 02-03-2005, 12:28 AM
smashn

lMAO DONT BLAME THE BEER BLAME THE DRIVER!!!!!!! Yea i had a couple (few in south dakotan lingo) Lol and i wish the tree was just about /-----------/ this much more on my property line and it would be gone!!! Lol!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:52 AM
tocache

Nice repair work, mine broke 3 times so i needed to do some kind strenghtening for my stock broken a-arm...

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12785.jpg][/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12785.jpg]Click for fullsize[/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12786.jpg][/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12786.jpg]Click for fullsize[/link]
Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Black_Angel

i have no trees on my racetrack (thanks god) i'm glad of my track maybe i show it one time.

PS nice job with this arms