Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

parts to keep you bashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
seve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts to keep you bashing

I ordered new front A arms last week as my washing line pole decided to jump out in front of my truck and do untold damage.. the parts didnt arrive in time so rather then not bash on the monday i had a piece of 8mm rod, drilled holes and used this as a make shift arm. took it out on sunday for a trail and im thinking why not make one for the other side cos this aint gonna break.. am i being silly, is there a downside ? i have used cut down hacksaw blades as temp shock absorbers in the past, and these have worked.. might not look pretty but they do keep you bashing while waiting for parts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40884.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	222699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85665.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	222700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60384.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	222701  
Old 01-30-2005, 02:00 PM
sk8ingsailor

Default RE: parts to keep you bashing

wow ......for the love of LSTs
Old 01-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Sgt. Canada

If you made another one of those to connect where the other side of the A-arm would go, that would probably be as strong(if not stronger) than a regulat A-Arm!

It looks really good!

I might do it for my LST!

The only downside is that you need to drill the hole at an angle so it moves freely up and down because the rod isn't perpendicular to the wheel
Old 01-30-2005, 05:16 PM
smashn

Yea please give details wouldnt be a bad idea to have a pair of those for emergencies? What drill bit did ya use??? what size rod??
Old 01-30-2005, 05:17 PM
LST-UK

How much for a full set?..................
Old 01-31-2005, 05:06 AM
seve

Yes your right you do need to drill the holes at an angle, then put a spacer in the pivot pin part B4101 to keep the hand made bar as far foward as poss otherwise the shock body will touch the drive shaft. the drills i used are black and decker Piranha quite pricy but they do go through everthing and they didnt wander off as you would expect. the only weak link i think is the bolt that holds the shock on, it could bend but we will find out today oh and its an 8mm rod took about an hour to make and fit, cost to make £4
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76759.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	223076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15263.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	223077  
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
seve

No forget this guys it lasted 1 hour then snapped at the pivot pin, went back to the workshop and made one out of 10mm this held up well unfortunately my engine temp was getting high 300f... ohh switch off quick... wow it was fine the day before on tarmac... but today on long grass and tough terrain temps went sky high... any advice pls
Old 01-31-2005, 03:17 PM
MadRCPilot77

running in grass puts a lot more strain on the engine - the taller it is the harder it is on the engine as it requires it to work harder to move over the grass and other rough terrain. Be nice and don't run in thick grass for extended periods of time.