Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

what would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
lstmanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you do??

i noticed today that my fuel tank has a split in it, my question is, should i get the high capacity tank and get longer run times but with shorter battery life, or get the stock tank with shorter run times but with longer battery?

what would you do?????

thanks
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: what would you do??

Im not sure what the run time is with stock fuel tank,(havent broken mine in yet), but to me, it seems easier to add fuel and go, then to do a" quick" charge on the batteries, and wait on them to charge
Old 02-04-2005, 11:40 AM
PeteOz

No question about it for me, as I mostly bash and don't race... It's LOT faster and easier to fill up with fuel than it is to recharge a receiver pack. Plus I bought a spare standard tank from th e bay for $6.50, which must be cheaper than a high cap one?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:58 AM
tocache

Ya, high capacity tank is $15.99
Old 02-04-2005, 12:02 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

I run two batterys so I like the stock tank, But if you race the bigger tank may be better, More fuel and you only need one battery.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:12 PM
aahwhatever

It all depends on you.....

I have switched to the high Cap. fuel tank and have a 1400Mah batt. in the undercarige. The Batt. that i am using will last 4-6 tanks easy. I am just past break-in on this truck, but i cycled my batt. a few times before i even used it. I have seen that a lot of people "don't" cycle thier batt's, but i can tell you IMO that cycling the batt will give you better run times.

I am not saying that you can't cycle the batt. by using it in the RC, but doing it with a lightbulb or on a discharger, insures that you are getting the battery low enough to complete a full cycle. If you "strech" your batteries....they have longer run times. Also, i would make sure that there is NO buzzing in your servo's. One of the most common things that i see at the track (here) is that guys don't center thier servo's and it causes thier batteries to draw down and make sure that you have your endpoints correct on your radio. Not that any of us "LST" owners would do something like that!

Keep on move'n on!

Jonathan
Old 02-05-2005, 06:38 PM
lstmanuk

thanks for all the help and ideas, i think im just going to get the stock tank again and maybe a new battery set up.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Bud Morrison
My Feedback: (8)

I put the bigger tank in and the new Orion 5 cell 1400 Mah rx pack.