Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Lst Clutch Bell Woo's :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 02:10 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lst Clutch Bell Woo's :(

Heys I dont know how many of you remember my prior post where i described how my clutch shoes didnt seem to be engaging the clutchbell. I dont know What kinf of clutch you guys got two or three shoe. Mine was a three shoe and there was tons of greasy black paste on the inside of the clutch bell and all over the clutch shoes. I was not sure if thats supposed to be there but i took most of it off leaving a bit incase it was supposed to be there. Now the truck actually moves and pretty well even though im still breaking in on my second tank. But i have a problem I need to go half throttle to get it moving. it just sins there and revs up quite a bit before ir moves. SHould i wipe those shoes and inside of the clutch bell totally clean and dry? Will this solve my problem. I htink the shoes are still slipping because of the tiny coat of grease on them. And therefor there not engaging untill a much higher rpm. Please help me out. Its firday and i wanna finish break in thanks for your help in advance
Old 02-04-2005, 02:20 PM
tocache

Default RE: Lst Clutch Bell Woo's :(

Grease inside the clutch? very strange, mine din't have grease in it when i first disassembled it. Just clean it and see it it works
Old 02-04-2005, 02:22 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

hehe a friend of mine just recomended somethign. He said it was definatly the reason the truck was not moving. He said to break it down clean it with simple grean. take some sand paper rub the shoes a tiny bit to roughen em up and use some steel wool on the inside of the clutch bell. and then it will grab like no other. Does this sound liek the right thing to do?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Try it and see if its the problem.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
tocache

I think you just need to clean up the reamining grease inside of your clutch [8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
MN_Wild

Could also just blast it out with that nitro blast cleaner stuff, dont forget to re-lube the bearing whatever path you choose.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

where can i buy aluminum clutch shoes for this beast?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:51 PM
tocache

I'd suggest you to try the werks power clutch, as for the alum shoes i found them in ebay
Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
hoverlover9797
My Feedback: (3)

I think the black paste is clutch shoe. Same thing happened to me cause I like wheelie after wheelie after wheelie after wheelie, you get the point! I went with the OFNA alum clutch shoes and they are sweet. I just ordered a Werks clutch, for the sounds of it it will fit my needs well. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:16 PM
ResB

ORIGINAL: tocache

I think you just need to clean up the reamining grease inside of your clutch [8D]
That is all you need to do. The black "grease" as you call it is from the shoes itself. If you can get the OFNA/Savage aluminum shoes that would be a better alternative.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

Thanks for all your contributions, i will be ordering aluminum clutch shoes soon but i did take the clutch bell off again, carefully removed all the greasy paste off the shoes and the inside of the bell with a paper towel, then i used a tiny bit of sandpaper very fine grit and went around the inside ofthe clutch bell a few times and the ouside of the clutch shoes, and all i can say is wow what a difference. Also i dont know who assembles these motors in the factory but my needles where way off. i had a 10-15 mph top speed after 2.5 tanks soo i tighted both needles and went to the stock settings from there. Needless to say Both needles were about 1.5 turns out over stock settings. When i first tried to start the car i couldnt get it to stay idling until i leaned out the Low speed needle a little over half a turn. Now that i have stock settings and the clutch grips this thing is sweet with blips of half throttle it speeds up niceley. Where you guys able to hear your cars shift into second during the 3rd 4rth and 5th tanks of break in. Or did you half to start leaning it out before it shifted. I did Give it WOT for a few seconds onthe third tank and i couldtn hear it shift all though it was fast as hell. Definatly a satisfied LST owner out of me
Old 02-04-2005, 05:03 PM
ResB

Glad she's running better. I never noticed a 2nd gear change whilst running it in. I did however run it in using the low gear selector so that might have been a contributing factor.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:16 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

hehe i have to finish breakin tomarrow morning, the car is definatly alot of fun to drive. When will there be a FO tranny kit available?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:12 AM
MadRCPilot77

I posted pics of my FO conversion in another thread - it's pretty easy to do - need one extra part and some JB Weld...

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Forward_only_tranny%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25%25/m_2600761/tm.htm]link FOC thread[/link]
Old 02-05-2005, 12:21 AM
xxh0lywarsxx

very nice ill look into doing the mod. This car is really sweet and ive only done 3 tanks soo far. It gets alot faster torquier after 6-8 tanks right? right now it has good top end up not much down low.