Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Bill CP2 and Roll bar.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 PM
jmani
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bill CP2 and Roll bar.

So I just finished painting my CP2 and was ready to mount it and the roll bar prevents it from mounting. Is there a longer body mount so I can get the body on around the roll bar?

Thanks,

John
Old 02-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: Bill CP2 and Roll bar.

You might be able to jack it up high enough with longer body posts but what I've seen done before was a slot was formed in the body for the 3rd leg of the rollbar. Looked lots better than having a body jacked up in the air IMHO

Peace[8D]
Old 02-11-2005, 03:56 PM
arubadubis

I slotted my body to allow for the rollbar. I also ordered some longer body mounts because even with drilling an extra hole in the stock mounts, the rollbar was pressed against the top of the CP2 body. Here are a couple links that show how my truck looked with the slot.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12399.jpg[/link]
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryimages/lg-12398.jpg[/link]

As you can see, I ended up expanding the slot into a hole to get some air to the cooling head. I think it looks pretty cool that way personally.

I still recommend the long body mounts though to keep the body off the bar a bit. Of course, if you order the longer body mounts, you can lift it high enough to avoid the slot completely. The part number is LOSB2451 and they are $4.50 on Horizon for a set of 4.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:48 PM
jmani
My Feedback: (2)

Hey PinoleLST,

Have you been to the Antioch track? I am thinking of going this weekend. I havn't taken my truck to a track, only bashing. I will bring my LST and my RS4 so I can go off road or on. Do you know anything about the track to help me out?

John
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: jmani

Hey PinoleLST,

Have you been to the Antioch track? I am thinking of going this weekend. I havn't taken my truck to a track, only bashing. I will bring my LST and my RS4 so I can go off road or on. Do you know anything about the track to help me out?

John
I used to live right around the corner from that track a few years ago and never knew it was there [&:]

They have their own chat room here >> http://www.deltarc.com/deltafill.html and have a small hobby shop on premise.Never been there to be honest but I hear they underwent an ownership change some time back and the owners are really making strides in making it a good experience.The area is/was full of a certain undesirable type of people (tweakers) so I moved away some 5 years ago so if you go don't leave stuff in your car or laying around on your worktable.
Hope this helps

Peace [8D]