Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New LST Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:11 PM
milfman73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LST Owner

Hello Everyone,

After a long day of refinishing my hardwood floors, the UPS guy just brought me my new LST 011811 (No washer, Right?) I had a Tmaxx .15 about 6 years ago, got tired of breaking it and eventualy sold it. So far I've picked up the Diffs, and a hump pack. I still need the secondary cover. Question, should I upgrade the clutch shoes and springs now or wait until the go, if now then what kind? I have been lurking here for a few weeks, and have been using the SEARCH feature. I almost bought the new Savage 46, and would have gotten the JR radio, but it wasn't meant to be. I won't be breaking it in for a few weeks, too many projects going on at home. You will be hearing from me soon. And Damnnnnnn this truck is big :-)
Old 02-11-2005, 06:27 PM
hobbyadict

Default RE: New LST Owner

id probly wait till theyve gone no since and wastign them
Old 02-11-2005, 07:47 PM
78Bronco

I agree with with hobbyadict, there don't seem to be as many problems with the clutch shoes and springs in the newer trucks. The only things you haven't mentioned that I would strongly recommend are a fail safe and a roll bar.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Destructo

My stock clutch springs were gone before I even broke my engine in.. I went with an X_RAY clutch, I would stock up on a-arms , shock shafts, gears and aluminum diff covers.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
hobbyadict

a roll bar and failsafes are must a roll bar is so helpful so many times have i flipped my LST on his lid and stock up on fuel
i had 2 quarts and it was gone before i new it.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
MN_Wild

First thing, get some aluminum diff cases, its not if you need them, you absolutely will need them if you drive your truck at all. like others have said a failsafe is a great investment. I would also say pick up a package of axles, arms, and the shocktower pack. Oh when you get the aluminum cases get some 30K wt diff fluid (read about a viscous diff in your manual) I also think most are running 20% nitro, Trinity monster or dynamite Blue thiunder....most all brands now are pretty good. Dont worry your brakes will wear in and not be so grabby over time.....you will know what I mean the first time you hit the hooks and go head over heels. ENJOY!