Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

T-Maxx vs. LST

Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Got Dirt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default T-Maxx vs. LST

hey you guys, i was just wondering if a t-maxx with a .26 could beat my LST. this guy keeps buggin me to race him cause i keep sayin ill smoke him, but then he told me he had a force .26 I don't want to keep hearing him say i told you so.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 PM
agge

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: T-Maxx vs. LST

make sure your race involves turning and jumping and you should win np.

(dont simply drag race down an asphalt road... let the LST's handling win for you)
Old 03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
twysted

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey got dirt you ever go to that track in compton ????
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Got Dirt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey twysted ive never gone to the track in copton. i race at revalation raceway in ontario.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM
deltron63

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my t maxx had a wasp .28 in it . great in a straight line, always on its roof at the first bend
Old 03-05-2005, 12:07 PM
xdirtydeedsx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Don't worry.....he'll blow his diff's before the race is even over...or his tranny...
Old 03-05-2005, 02:37 PM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both.

The Tmaxx has the potential of being faster if you gear it up high enough, since it's lighter. But the LST is still by far the better truck.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
FLIPRACER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro and it can blow both the T-Maxx and the LST in a race, But I cant really run mine hard like on rocks because it sits so low. I think the LST is better because it doesnt break down a lot... I own an LST, I've had a T-Maxx for a couple of years and didnt work out for me.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:54 AM
dazzer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys i had a problem with a t-maxx nieghbour who made the same threat and on the straight he was a bit quicker but you guys are right i blew him away big time with the cornering and handling i have only had my L>S>T a short while but love it allready turns like no other truck i own.
rgeards
dazzer
Old 03-13-2005, 08:04 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats exactly it, "Drag Racing" proves nothing. These trucks are not designed for just straight-line speed. They are designed as a complete package which includes handling.

The truck is just a tool which is only as good as your tuning and driving skill. When I used to bash with my Savage, I'd have guys constantly challenge me to race against them. I'd tell them sure, we'll mark off a tri-oval in the dirt with some jumps. A few of these guys had a fast truck but couldn't drive for S**T. Overshooting the corner, unable to turn at a marker. When there was a big empty lot and they could run where ever it appeared that they could drive, but when you set up a course it was a different story....

Now-a-days, when someone asks me to "drag race", I ask them if my MT looks in any way shape or form looks like a "funny car" or "dragster"....
Old 03-14-2005, 12:07 AM
dray33
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Exactly bro. I finally finished breakin in my SH.28 and ran it at my buddys house on our track. There were 3 tmaxx's , MGT, and my LST. Bros always talkin thinking they have a chance or something with their little paper weight tmaxx. It was great because we of course rolled the tmaxx's, even took care of the MGT as well. Good weekend.

ORIGINAL: dazzer

Hey guys i had a problem with a t-maxx nieghbour who made the same threat and on the straight he was a bit quicker but you guys are right i blew him away big time with the cornering and handling i have only had my L>S>T a short while but love it allready turns like no other truck i own.
rgeards
dazzer
Old 03-14-2005, 10:13 AM
popa71

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Thats exactly it, "Drag Racing" proves nothing. These trucks are not designed for just straight-line speed. They are designed as a complete package which includes handling.

The truck is just a tool which is only as good as your tuning and driving skill. When I used to bash with my Savage, I'd have guys constantly challenge me to race against them. I'd tell them sure, we'll mark off a tri-oval in the dirt with some jumps. A few of these guys had a fast truck but couldn't drive for S**T. Overshooting the corner, unable to turn at a marker. When there was a big empty lot and they could run where ever it appeared that they could drive, but when you set up a course it was a different story....

Now-a-days, when someone asks me to "drag race", I ask them if my MT looks in any way shape or form looks like a "funny car" or "dragster"....

Actually these trucks arent designed for drag racing or handling. Thats why they are monster trucks. They are designed for big fun . Driving on surfaces other vehicles cant It just so happens that some of the new MT handle pretty good for Monsters and since the T-Maxx came out we all love speed as well. Most of the new trucks have far exceeded what a Monster truck is made for and that was simply done to satisfy us. We cant get enough!!!!!! The Lst is far superior to a T-maxx I dont really care which one is faster. You also have to think the original design of the T-maxx is over 5 years old. The 2.5 is just an upgraded version. For its time the Maxx was pretty good piece of equipment but in this day in time it just doesnt cut the mustard. I dont care what engine you drop in it!!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Sgt. Canada

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: popa71

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Actually these trucks arent designed for drag racing or handling. Thats whys they are monster trucks. They are designed for big fun . Driving on surfaces other vehicles cant It just so happens that some of the new MT handle pretty good for Monsters and since the T-Maxx came out we all love speed as well. Most of the new trucks have far exceeded what a Monster truck is made for and that was simply done to satisfy us. We cant get enough!!!!!! The Lst is far superior to a T-maxx I dont really care which one is faster. You also have to think the original design of the T-maxx is over 5 years old. The 2.5 is just an upgraded version. For its time the Maxx was pretty good piece of equipment but in this day in time it just doesnt cut the mustard. I dont care what engine you drop in it!!
Very well said