Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

What’s wrong with this picture?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 07:29 AM
wal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What’s wrong with this picture?

What can I say; me, the lst, speed, more speed and a ironbark post. Everything is running fine, when it happened I just put it in reverse and backed off the post and kept going.

I only replaced the bulkhead because I wanted to take some photos and I am loaning my digital camera to a friend for the V8’s next weekend.

Happy LSTing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22471.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	242556   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43229.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	242557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21589.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	242558  
Old 03-12-2005, 01:15 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Default RE: What’s wrong with this picture?

Hey Wal, I would save the old one, It Looks like it could be straitend pretty easy, May come in handy someday.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Sgt. Canada

ORIGINAL: SublimeJason

Hey Wal, I would save the old one, It Looks like it could be straitend pretty easy, May come in handy someday.
Try putting it in a vice.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:59 PM
LST freaky

Had the same thing happen to mine and I just put some heat to it and was able to get back into shape real easily (smooth face hammer with light hits)
Old 03-12-2005, 04:49 PM
ringneck

from the looks of that i would check the diff case that looked like a pretty hard lick.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:29 AM
wal

ORIGINAL: azteklst

from the looks of that i would check the diff case that looked like a pretty hard lick.
Good idea 99, I have already got the aluminum ones on backorder. As soon as they arrive they go in. Stock and genuine parts a quite easy to get in OZ but third party extras like aluminum diff cases, roll cages and even those nice shock spring covers are harder to get.

I haven’t run it much, I cracked the transmission case, I didn’t feel confident enough to open the case myself so I had my LHS do it for me. I also had them put the nitrate pinion and spur gears in at the same time.

Looks like when they put the motor back in they forgot to locktight the screws, today while running the motor moved and the pinion lost contact with the spur.

I am going to have to bite the bullet and learn how to do these things myself. My first attempt will be the diff cases, after putting the motor back on straight of course.

Common sense lesson #20
Metal nitrate gears spinning at very very very high speed generate a huge amount of heat so DON’T TOUCH.

Have a great day.